20 Minute Lo Mein
This easy entrée will become a go-to for you when feeding a group of hungry teenagers! You can get the entire dish together in the time it takes to make the noodles. If you have younger kids, this is usually a hit with them as well.
- 16 oz. whole grain spaghetti, linguine, or Pad Thai noodles
- 3 cups chopped broccoli (trimmed and chopped into small bite-sized pieces)
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced or julienne-cut
- ¼ cup EACH: tamari (or soy sauce) and toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons EACH: raw agave nectar (or maple syrup) and toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules (granulated garlic)
- Cook the pasta al dente, according to the directions on the package.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the broccoli and carrots in a little water until crisp-tender (about five minutes). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once the pasta is done, drain it well and add to the veggies.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the pasta-vegetable mixture and gently stir until thoroughly combined.
- Serve and watch it disappear!
A Note From The Staff At ‘Vegan Pregnancy and Parenting’
Happy Vegan Eating! Do not forget to check us out on the Main Facebook Group, where we discuss kids, pregnancy, nutrition and veganism in general. There are over thirty thousand vegan parents in our, all of them raising little vegans.
There is also a Vegan Eats For Smaller Feet, where parents get together, share recipes, swap disaster stories, and generally learn the best ways to hide the broccoli in the food for kids. So it’s worth checking out, and know that even though your kids are vegan, it doesn’t mean they’re going to suddenly love those brussel sprouts and carrot soup.
If Facebook isn’t your go to social media, we can usually be found liking far too many amazing dishes on Instagram. If you’re raising a vegan family, be sure to tag us on there for a chance for your vegan family to be featured, or amazing vegan dishes to appear on our main page!
Lastly, don’t forget to have a quick peek on Pinterest, where we pin all these amazing recipes and vegan friendly ideas. We receive over 250,000 weekly viewers on Pinterest, so we must be doing something right.
Happy Veganing, everyone! We are very happy that you have found us, and you’re raising little vegans. The world needs more people like you.
Raise humanity. Raise vegan!
Tags: dinner, easy vegan main course, lo mein, main courses, vegan lo mein recipe