30 Minute Vegan Chili Recipe
Now that the 90 degree days are behind us, and the leaves are starting to change, it’s officially chili season. This vegan chili is my Sunday football-watching go-to dinner. It’s great for feeding a gang and the leftovers taste even better the next day!
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 4 Cups crushed canned tomatoes
- 2 Cups cooked lentils
- 2 Cups cooked kidney beans
- 2 Cups frozen corn, thawed and drained of excess water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
Method for your vegan chili
- In a large pot heated on a medium heat, sauté onion in oil for about 2 minutes until soft.
- Then add in red pepper and cook for another minute.
- Add all the spices and stir to combine sautéing for another 2 minutes.
- Add in minced garlic and stir to combine, reduce heat to prevent the garlic from burning.
- Add a small amount of the crushed tomatoes to lift the mixture from the bottom of the pan. Sauté this for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the remaining crushed tomatoes, lentil, kidney beans, corn, salt, and ground black pepper.
- Stir to combine, cover with a lid, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Top your vegan chili with vegan sour cream, chopped green onions, and more ground black pepper.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: