A Quick And Delicious Snack: Vegan Chickpea Egg Salad Sandwich
Sandwiches are without a doubt one of the easiest (and most delicious) lunches to pack for a work lunch or with your kid to school. They are comfort food for many but unfortunately, it can be hard to get a good amount of protein in a sandwich without using meat alternatives. However, this chickpea “egg salad sandwich” is full of protein (chickpeas contain 39g of protein per cup!) and can be used on sandwiches, in wraps, or even in a salad. Make a batch on meal-prep Sunday, and enjoy for the next few days.
Here is how you can make vegan chickpea egg salad sandwich at home.
You might also like:
- DELICIOUS PINK SMOOTHIE BOWL
- DELICIOUS AND SAVORY PUERTO RICAN TOSTONES
- MY FAVORITE CRUELTY FREE VEGAN RED LIPSTICKS
- TIPS ON BOOKING YOUR FIRST FAMILY VACATION
Vegan Chickpea Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe
For the chickpea “egg salad” mixture
- 1 can chickpeas
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ red onion
- ⅓ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- pepper to taste
- Rinse the chickpeas through a strainer until they are don’t look “foamy” anymore. Transfer to a large bowl and roughly mash with either a potato masher or a fork.
- Finely chop the red bell pepper, red onion, and chives. Add to chickpeas and mix.
- Add vegan mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and seasonings to the mixture. Stir well so that everything is evenly spread. Add more seasoning as needed.
- Either serve immediately or store in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
For the vegan chickpea egg salad sandwich
- sliced vegan bread of your choice
- chickpea “egg salad” mixture
- sliced vegan cheese of your choice
- sliced tomato
- vegan mayonnaise
- Toast two slices of a vegan sliced bread of your choice to your liking,
- On both slices of toast, spread a thin layer of vegan mayonnaise.
- On one slice, add sliced vegan cheese (vegan provolone works great with this), kale, and sliced tomato. On the other slice of bread, add a generous helping of the chickpea “egg salad” mixture.
- Assemble slices together to make a sandwich. Slice in half and enjoy with a side of homemade sweet potato fries or a colorful fruit salad.
What would you think of this vegan chickpea “egg salad” sandwich? Let me know in the comments below.