Banana Puree Infused Flat Vegan Pancakes with Chocolate Sauce
The difference between a pancake and a flat-pancake is simple. Pancakes are fluffy and airy and flat pancakes are flat. They are made with heavy batter and hence they do not rise much. I feel pancakes are a great option for a quick breakfast. You just need to prepare the batter and cook the pancake over low to medium flame. This vegan pancakes recipe is a must try.
You might also like:
- AN INSIDE PEEK INTO THE CRUELTY-FREE MAKEUP BRAND ELLIS FAAS
- JADEN SMITH OPENS FREE FOOD TRUCK TO GIVE FOOD TO LA’S HOMELESS
- WOULD YOU EAT LAB-GROWN MEAT?
- HOW TO SET UP A SAFE NURSERY
- IS THERE A SAFE AND NATURAL WAY TO INDUCE LABOR?
- MAN MAULED TO DEATH BY FOUR CIRCUS TIGERS DURING REHEARSAL
Vegan Pancakes: Fun to Make Delicious to Eat
A flat pancake is fun to make and delicious to eat. Kids love these. The best part is that there is no strict recipe and you can add or deduct ingredients of your choice. I have adopted this recipe to suit my taste and preference.
For vegan pancakes
- Self-rising vegan flour: 2 cups
- Ripe banana: 2 nos
- Coconut milk: 1 cup
- Almond milk: ½ cup
- Vegan castor sugar: 1 tablespoon
- A pinch of salt
- Vanilla essence: 1 teaspoon (can use a pod of fresh one as well)
- Vegan butter for frying pancakes.
For the vegan chocolate sauce
- Dark choco chips: 1 cup
- Vegan butter: ½ cup
- Vegan castor sugar: ½ cup
- Put two bananas in the freezer and leave overnight. Now blend the frozen bananas to a puree and let the puree come to room temperature before adding it to the pancake batter. Freezing the bananas allows it to be blended to a silky smooth consistency.
- In a large mixing bowl sift the self-rising flour and vegan castor sugar. Now slowly mix in dry ingredients with the coconut and almond milk.
- Add the banana puree. Whisk using a manual whisk to get a semi-thin batter. It smells beautiful.
- Add the vanilla essence and a pinch of salt. Give a final whisk. You will see air bubbles in the batter at this stage.
- Now heat an iron skillet or fry pan. Add some vegan butter and turn down the flame. Put two ladles of the batter. Spread it around the pan and cook it until the sides turn crispy. Flip and cook the other side. Repeat with the entire batch of batter.
- For the chocolate sauce, heat the vegan butter and vegan chocolate chips in a double boiler. Add the vegan castor sugar. Whisk it until everything is combined and you get a silky-smooth chocolate sauce.
- Serve the pancakes with a nice drizzle of homemade vegan chocolate sauce and sliced bananas (optional).
These flat vegan pancakes will surely be loved by one and all. Do give it a try and you’ll fall in love with flat pancakes just like I did. Do not forget to share your experience and comments below.