Delicious Vegan Powdered Sugar Cookies Recipe
Sugar cookies are a very popular dessert this time of year. Usually they are frosted and baked with granulated sugar, but to cut a little sweetness and make them a little bit more subtle we used powdered sugar for baking and lightly dusted them on top. Not to mention it using powdered sugar makes them a tad bit chewier on the inside just the way we like it. If it is tradition in your house to use seasonal cookie cutters, frost the top and decorate, these cookies fit the usual sugar cookie mold perfectly. They are super easy to make and take no time at all. So, if you are needing a cookie for a holiday exchange or just a small package for your neighbor to say “Happy Holidays” we suggest this recipe hands down.
Powdered Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- How To Soothe Itchy Nipples During Pregnancy
- 10 Vegan Books For Beginners to Gift This Christmas Season
- Cardi B Shares First Pictures Of Her Daughter, After Splitting From Husband
- Mouthwatering Vegan Banana Bread Recipe With Optional Walnuts
- The Best Roundup Of Vegan Winter Coats For Kids
- Nadiya Hussain Is Vegan? Bake Off Star Went Vegan For Two Weeks
Directions for Powdered Sugar Cookies:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent cookies from sticking.
- In a medium bowl, mix together melted butter and powdered sugar for about a minute until creamed together. Add in vanilla extract until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour and baking powder. Slowly Stir into sugar mixture until a dough has formed.
- Flour a cutting board and form the dough into a ball with your hands. Flour a rolling pin and roll out dough to about an inch thickness. If it begins to stick then you can use your hands.
- Using a cooking cutter cut out powdered sugar cookies and place on lined baking sheet. Roll remaining dough back into a ball and roll back out with a rolling pin and repeat cutting cookies until all dough is used. Or you can roll them into 1 inch balls and flatten them with your hand if you want a standard sugar cookie look. Place in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to help them stop from spreading in the oven.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes just until cookies edges are lightly browned.
- Let cookies cool for about 5-10 minutes While they are still warm to the touch, dust with powdered sugar.
Note: Since these powdered sugar cookies are vegan they are fragile. The hold together well just be careful.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: