Easy & Delicious Vegan Black Bean Brownies
Vegan Black Bean Brownies Recipe- a healthier alternative for those who like to watch their weight.
Every once in a while (okay… probably more like every minute of every day) I get a craving for chocolate yumminess. Obviously, I can’t go around stuffing chocolate into my face all the time, my newly acquired size two’s are already getting a little snug from the Holidays. These vegan black bean brownies are a delicious and healthier alternative to the regular sugar-filled baked treats.
You might also like:
- An Open Letter to New Vegans
- Taco Bell to Test Out Vegan And Vegetarian Menu
- Farmers Fear Canada’s Revised Food Guide
- Vegan Parents Workshop in Worcester
Vegan Black Bean Brownies
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin coconut oil, plus 1 tsp to grease pan
- 3.5 oz dark chocolate
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- 1 oz dark chocolate, melted
- chocolate drizzle
- Preheat oven to 300 F
- Line an 8×8 square brownie pan with parchment paper. Rub some coconut oil on it to make it non-stick.
- Add dark chocolate and extra virgin coconut oil into a small bowl and microwave for thirty seconds, stir and repeat until fully melted.
- Add the melted oil/chocolate mixture, black beans, baking powder, almond meal, and unsweetened apple sauce into a food processor and blend with an S attachment until it becomes a thick batter.
- Pour the combined mixture into the brownie pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool down 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Place the brownie on a rack, drizzle extra melted chocolate and sprinkle chopped walnuts over the top.
Enjoy your black bean brownies!
SIGN UP TO THE EXCLUSIVE GROUP WITH REGISTERED DIETITIANS JUST ASK THE DIETITIAN
Tags: black bean brownies, brownies, easy vegan desserts, vegan brownies, vegan desserts