Easy Vegan Meal Prep Cold Pasta Salad Recipe
Meal prepping your lunch in advance is a great way to ensure that you are getting proper nutrition, no matter how busy your day may be. Whether you work half an hour away or from home, meal prepping can provide immense relief when it comes to lunchtime. With carbs, colorful vegetables, and healthy fat this cold pasta salad is just what you need to keep you fueled throughout the day. This vegan meal prep recipe also features vegan pesto as a dressing, you can find our recipe here if you wish to make it at home. If not, you can easily find vegan pesto at your local Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods (In France, I’ve seen it at a Bio C’Bon!) Without further ado, here is how you can make a nutrient-packed meal prep cold pasta salad.
You might also like:
- THE ONLY VEGAN DETOX DRINK THAT HAS HELPED ME WITH MY IBS
- TWICE BAKED COLCANNON POTATOES
- FROSTED GUINNESS BROWNIES YOU CAN TRY THIS WEEKEND
- VEGETABLE FRITTERS: A LIP-SMACKING SNACK
- Mouthwatering Crispy Szechuan Tofu Recipe
Vegan Meal Prep Cold Pasta Salad
- 2 cups farfalle pasta or a similar one of your choice (medium shells, penne, etc…)
- Vegan pesto
- 2 small avocados*, sliced
- 1 large Roma tomato, diced into bite-sized cubes
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- ½ cup radish, sliced
- ¼ cup black olives, sliced
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- 4 sprigs cilantro
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
*In order to keep the avocado as fresh as possible, only cut it as you need it (use ½ small avocado per serving)
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions to al dente. Once it has finished cooking, run it under cold water in a strainer to prevent it from continuing to cook. If you don’t do this step, the pasta will be mushy when you go to eat it.
- In a large bowl, combine the now-cooled pasta, tomato, all the vegetables, vegan pesto, and garlic powder together. Mix well so that everything is coated in pesto and is evenly spread.
- Separate into 4 containers, add a sprig of cilantro to each, and store in the fridge to eat throughout the week.
- Enjoy cold with a side of fruit and a tall glass of water or kombucha!
What is our favorite food to vegan meal prep in advance? Let me know in the comments below.