Feel-Good Primavera Vegetable Stir Fry
Are you looking for a simple, feel-good meal packed full of veggies? Look no further. This delicious primavera stir fry is delicious eaten alone for a low-carb meal but it also can be eaten on top of your favorite pasta drizzled with olive oil, on top of rice, or even tossed in with a leafy green salad. Make this for a healthy weeknight family dinner, or meal prep this ahead of time to bring to work. Here is how you can make your very own primavera stir fry.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Choc-Chip Sugar Cookies
- Delicious Vegan Zucchini Cheddar Drop Biscuits Recipe
- Chocolate Mint Energy Cookie Recipe
- Irrisistable Vegan Smores Cookies Bars
Feel-Good Primavera Vegetable Stir Fry (Serves 4)
- 1 large zucchini, roll-cut
- 1 large summer squash, roll-cut
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved*
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
*In order to have perfectly sliced cherry tomatoes, lay a handful of them flat on a cutting board. Using a large plate, gently place it on top of the cherry tomatoes and use it to keep them steady as you cut through them all at once! Just be sure to mind your hand as to not cut yourself.
- In a large pan with a lid, first add the zucchini, summer squash, and broccoli (which will take the longest to cook) in to cook with a small amount of cooking oil. Even better, use a cast iron skillet if you want to cut back on the oil and get in some extra iron. Cover with the lid and cook on medium heat for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the onion, garlic, and basil to the vegetables. Add a pinch of salt and pepper at the same time. Cook with the lid on until the vegetables are tender.
- Once the vegetables are tender, add in the cherry tomatoes, lemon juice, and another pinch of salt and pepper to the vegetables. Mix well.
- Let sit off of heat with the lid on for five minutes before serving.
- Eat as is or serve over your favorite carb for a more filling, family-friendly meal.
What would you eat with this primavera vegetable stir fry? Any other vegetables that you would add to the mix? Let me know in the comments below.