Delicious And Nutritious Vegan California Broccoli Salad
Spring is on the way and that means clean, crisp, and refreshing food. Cold salads are among my favorite meals because you can make them ahead and bring them with without the fuss of heating up. This vegan California broccoli salad is perfect for a mason jar to bring for a busy day at work or to bring a large bowl for a family picnic in the park. The broccoli is crunchy, the sunflower seeds are salty, and the sweetness of cranberries balance this salad perfectly. Instead of traditional mayonnaise, we made a cashew dressing with a hint of lemon to keep it light, fresh, and guilt free. I made this for easy lunches during the day with my kids, but I warn you should probably make a double batch because it will definitely be a household favorite.
Let’s get to the California broccoli salad recipe.
You might also like:
- PINA COLADA INSPIRED VEGAN GRILLED PINEAPPLE DESSERT
- DELICIOUS VEGAN MEALS: TOFU AND CASHEW LETTUCE CUPS
- 5 MOST UNSUSPECTED CAUSES OF MISCARRIAGES YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW
- BEST BABY SHOWER VEGAN GIFTS FOR AN EXPECTING MOM
Vegan California Broccoli Salad
For the salad
- 10 oz. fresh broccoli florets, rinsed
- 2 tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup reduced sugar dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, chopped
- 1/4 cup purple onion, minced
For the dressing
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in 1 cup hot water for 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup reserved cashew water
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened plant milk
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a food processor, add soaked cashews, reserved water, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, plant milk, lemon juice, and salt. Pulse a few times to start the blending process. Then process on high until dressing is creamy.
- In a large mixing bowl, add broccoli. pour 1/2 cup of dressing on top and toss until fully coated. sprinkle in cashews, cranberries, red onion, and sunflower seeds and toss until mixed. Add in more dressing until the desired amount is reached.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Did you like this California broccoli salad recipe? Let me know in the comments below.