Irrisistable Vegan Smores Cookies Bars
Smores are a fall season delicacy, especially when combined with blazing campfires, rich hot chocolate, and cozy sweaters. These vegan smores cookies bars are no different!
Even though making these simple desserts can be a great bonding experience with your family; it’s not always super convenient. When you don’t have the time to set up a roaring fire and break out the roasting sticks; these bars are a perfect replacement for the original smore.
Ooey gooey marshmallows and chunks of semi-sweet melted chocolate are the perfect ingredients to warm up anybody on a cool autumn night. We love to use chocolate chunks instead of chips to get that perfect balance of cookie, marshmallow, and chocolate in every bite.
This smores cookies bars recipe is exactly what you need to replicate a childhood, and let’s face it, adulthood favorite.
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 cups hot water
- 3/4 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. flaxseed meal
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup vegan marshmallows
Directions for smores cookies bars:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9×9 brownie pan and set aside.
- Soak the pitted dates in 2 cups of hot water for 10 minutes until soft.
- While the dates are soaking, mix melted butter and brown sugar in a small bowl. Add vanilla until well combined.
- Blend dates with 3/4 cup reserved soaking water until smooth. Stir in flaxseed and let stand for 5 minutes. Add to brown sugar mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cornstarch.
- Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until it creates a cookie dough type batter.
- Fold in chocolate chunks and marshmallows until well combined.
- Spread batter into prepared baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove your smores cookies bars from oven and let cool about before serving.
SIGN UP TO THE EXCLUSIVE GROUP WITH REGISTERED DIETITIANS JUST ASK THE DIETITIAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: