Healthy And Delicious Vegan Stuffed Peppers
Vegan stuffed peppers make up for an excellent midday meal on weekends. If you’re bored of the usual potato and vegan cheese filling, here’s a Mexican twist to make the plain old
You might also like:
- Stuffed Bitter Gourd Recipe That Won’t Taste Bitter At All
- Mouth-watering Pumpkin dessert- Vegan Pumpkin Halwa
- Delicious Aromatic Vegan Semolina Fudge (Suji Halwa)
- Red Kidney Beans Curry- All Things Spicy, Tangy And Savory
Vegan Stuffed Peppers
Besides the tempting smell of a freshly cut bell pepper, I love them for the color they add to the dinner spread when laid on table. They make a great entree or a side dish and you’ll definitely love them for the healthy ingredients that goes in the making. Without much ado, let’s get the recipe.
- 4-5 bell peppers- de-seeded and halved
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked kidney beans
- 3/4 cup tempeh
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup red and white onion (diced) each
- 2 1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning (optional)
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- In a shallow baking dish lined with baking sheet, bake the bell peppers 15 minutes.
- In a deep wok, heat oil and add onions to it. Cook them till they turn translucent.
- Add corn, crushed tempeh, kidney beans, taco seasoning and salsa. Saute for a while.
- Remove from heat and add cooked rice and nutritional yeast. Season with pepper and salt as per your taste.
- Stuff baked bell peppers with the mixture prepared in previous step and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve hot with your favorite toppings. You can also store these for 4-5 days in refrigerator.
Did you like this