Irresistable Raw Avocado And Kale Chickpea Salad
This recipe for raw avocado and kale chickpea salad is so good you’re going to want to eat it at every m
When my family and I first started to transition into a vegan diet, chickpeas were definitely a go-to for our protein intake. We tried to keep it simple in the beginning. Hummus was in our daily meal plan as a dip for basically everything. We also stuck with roasted chickpeas, simply because you could pop in your mouth on the go.
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN APPLE APP
These were the obvious uses for chickpeas, but I wanted to get a little more creative considering that they are such a great substitute for meat. I was trying to come up with something simple and fairly quick to make. Chickpea salad was my first thought since it is a great alternative for chicken salad or egg salad. I didn’t want to stop there when it came to swapping out.
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN GOOGLE PLAY APP
So, instead of mayonnaise, we switched that out for avocado. The avocado still gives it a creamy taste, but keeps this recipe raw and not processed. I love this salad because you can throw it on crackers, 2 hearty pieces of bread, or just grab a fork and dig in. This is a clean and guilt-free alternative to an otherwise mayo soaked salad that will also be pleasing the taste buds as well.
Raw Avocado and Kale Chickpea Salad
- 1 – 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 kales leaves, ribs removed and washed
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp. green onion, diced
WANT YOUR MAGAZINE IN PRINT? GET IT FOR UNDER $4 A MONTH RAISEVEGAN
- In a food processor blend together avocado, kale, garlic, lemon juice, water, salt, and paprika. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add chickpeas and mash about half of the
chickpeas randomlywith a fork. Make sure to keep some whole pieces.
- Add in the cucumber, red pepper, and green onion to the chickpea mixture.
- Pour sauce in and fold your chickpea salad mixture over itself until well combined.
SIGN UP TO THE EXCLUSIVE GROUP WITH REGISTERED DIETITIANS JUST ASK THE DIETITIAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: