Quinoa Stuffed Poblano Peppers with Avocado Crema
Quinoa stuffed poblano peppers are a perfect easy dinner. You can make the stuffing ahead, blister your peppers, fill them up and 15 minutes later you have dinner.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to flavoring and fillings, but my favorite is a southwest style. The mixture of nutty quinoa, rich black beans, and spicy salsa comes together perfectly. You could easily eat these on their own, but adding the avocado crema boosts the flavor that much more.
This sauce is super creamy and you could use it in plenty of other ways such as a dipping sauce or salad dressing. If you want a quick, but filling dinner I suggest these quinoa stuffed poblano peppers first and foremost. Having all of your ingredients tightly packed into a pepper ensures a balanced bite every time.
Quinoa Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- 3 poblano peppers
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup organic canned corn
- 1/4 cup green onion; diced
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Preheat broiler and prepare a baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, green onion, black beans, corn and salsa. Mix until well combined.
- Cut peppers lengthwise in half from top to bottom , remove seeds and ribs.
- Place peppers on baking sheet skin side up. Brush the tops of peppers with oil and broil about 4 minutes until skin begins to blister.
- Remove from oven and with tongs and turn peppers over. Fill with quinoa mixture. Broil until filling is warm and sizzling about 1-2 minutes.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup water
- handful fresh cilantro
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place in an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Have you made these quinoa stuffed poblano peppers? Let us know in the comments below!
SIGN UP TO THE EXCLUSIVE GROUP WITH REGISTERED DIETITIANS JUST ASK THE DIETITIAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: