Strawberry Beet Whole Wheat Pancakes – Valentine’s Day 2019
These strawberry beet whole wheat pancakes make a pretty and delicious breakfast, and they’re not just for Valentine’s Day. Your loves will be full of admiration when they wake up to pink pancakes. You can make big pancakes, silver dollars, or if you’re brave you can attempt to make pancake hearts. Ahhhhh sweet love.
You might also like:
- Strep Throat Vs The Single Mom
- Vegan Senator Cory Booker is running for president
- Tom Brady launched vegan protein powder with zero sugar
- Free Tickets to Beyonce’s Concerts
Strawberry Beet Whole Wheat Pancakes Recipe
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup beet juice
- 2 1/4 cups almond milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup instant oatmeal
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch or rice flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons beet sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup strawberries, frozen is ok
- oil for cooking
- Combine ground flax seeds with the beet juice and 1/4 cup of hot water in a small bowl, set aside it until it thickens, should take about 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine your non-dairy milk and vinegar to make a ‘buttermilk’, set it aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oatmeal, cornstarch, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Add your almond milk/vinegar mixture to the dry ingredients, and then add the flax/beet mix.
- Stir the ingredients until they are nicely combined. Don’t worry if the batter is slightly lumpy. Chop up the strawberries and gently fold them into the batter.
- Pour about ⅓ of a cup of batter into pan over medium heat.
- Flip with a spatula when the bottom is a nice golden color, and cook the other side until golden and cooked through. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Serve with a sprinkling of sugar or sliced strawberries.
Makes about 12 big strawberry beet whole wheat pancakes. Did you like the recipe? Let us know in the comments below.