These Cheesy Vegan Pizza Waffles Will Change Your Life
Pizza is a safe favorite among children, teens, and adults alike. Do you want to take a different spin on the meal? Do you have a waffle iron that you haven’t used in a while that’s been collecting dust? Look no further! Perfect for lunchtime and just as good for dinner, here is how you can make vegan cheesy pizza waffles that everyone will love.
For the vegan pizza dough
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour (and extra for working the dough)
- ½ tsp instant yeast
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp olive oil (and extra for rising)
- ½ cup water
- In a large bowl, add all of the above ingredients together in the order in which they are listed.
- Dust your hand with flour and knead the dough. This can take some time, so think about trading off with one of your children or your significant other to take turns. If the dough sticks to your hands too much, slowly add more flour, tablespoons at a time.
- Once all of the ingredients are needed all the way through, form into a ball and add a small amount of olive oil (about ½ tbsp) on top of it. Cover with a small moist towel and let rise according to the time the instant yeast gives.
- Once risen, you are ready to make pizza waffles!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Kat Von D; I Am Not A Nazi. I Am Not An Anti Vaxxer
- ‘Meat The Victims’ Activists UK Protest At Pig Farm
- Is Homeschool Right for Your Family?
- 5 Eco-Friendly Self Care Treats You Need in Your Life
- vegan pizza dough
- marinara sauce
- vegan mozzarella, shredded
- fresh basil
- nutritional yeast
- garlic powder
- red chili flakes
- vegan butter
- any other pizza “toppings” of your choice!
- With your now-risen dough, separate it into an even number of small-sized balls. Flatten each ball with a rolling pin to be ¼ inch thick.
- With the pairs, one rolled out ball will be the top and one will be where you put the filling. First spread marinara generously followed by garlic powder, red chili flakes, and nutritional yeast. Next, have every member of the family add in their favorite pizza toppings and follow that with cheese. I like to go simple with only basil.
- Put the top piece of dough on top of the filling-filled piece. Pinch the edges together with your fingers to minimize on waffle iron clean-up.
- In the waffle iron, add a small amount of vegan butter to the top and bottom pieces so that the dough does not stick. Cooking spray can also suffice. Set to a medium heat setting.
- Carefully, transfer the pizza into the waffle iron and close it. Cook time will depend on the strength of your waffle iron, but expect to wait between 5-7 minutes per pizza waffle!
- Carefully remove once you notice that it is crispy and cheesy. Serve and enjoy immediately with a side of vegan ranch or more marinara sauce.
What pizza toppings would you put inside these? Let me know in the comments below.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: