Vegan Spicy Potato Curry Recipe You Need To Try
Being Irish there’s nothing I love more than potatoes (insert ‘we’re not all stereotypes’ joke here), but I also love spicy food and curries. So I decided to merge my two favorite things and make a vegan spicy potato curry, and let me tell you, it was amazing.
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN APPLE APP
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp cayenne
- 4 tsp curry powder
- 4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz can green peas
- 1 can coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method For Your Vegan Spicy Potato Curry:
- Place your cubed potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to the boil over a high heat and then cover and reduce to a medium-low heat. Simmer your potatoes until tender. Drain, and then allow to steam dry for 1-2 minutes.
2. In a large skillet over a medium heat, add the oil, onion, and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes until the onion has softened and turned translucent.
3. Season with cumin, cayenne, curry powder, smoked paprika, and ginger. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
4. Add in tomatoes, chickpeas, green peas, potatoes, and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer for about 8-10 minutes, or until the chickpeas have cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve your vegan spicy potato curry over a bed of rice.
WANT YOUR MAGAZINE IN PRINT? GET IT FOR UNDER $4 A MONTH RAISEVEGAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: