BBQ Broccoli Salad
Recently I have discovered liquid smoke. It’s a great ingredient if you like smoke smell and flavour. And I think most of us do like that smell of barbeque! I and my family certainly do! With liquid smoke, you can have BBQ inside your house using your oven. I made this very simple BBQ broccoli salad, but trust me it taste so good! Especially if you are a fan of broccoli, you must try this!
- Big handful shredded iceberg lettuce
- Big handful of rocket leaves
- 200g tender stem broccoli
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 big apple
- handful flaked almonds
- handful pumpkin seeds
- liquid smoke
- pink or sea salt and black pepper
To make dressing:
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- pink salt or sea salt and black pepper
- Steam broccoli for 5 minutes first and then place spread in on a baking tray. Using brush cover broccoli with liquid smoke, sprinkle with some salt and put in under the grill for another 5 minutes.
- Slice apple and onion finely into semicircles.
- Toast pumpkin seeds and almond flakes on a pan for a couple of minutes.
- Place lettuces, leaves, onions and apples into a bowl and pour all the dressing, mix it up gently.
- Now it’s time to plate! Place mixed salad first, put that lovely smoky broccoli on top and sprinkle everything with toasted seeds and almonds flakes.
A Note From The Staff At ‘Raise Vegan’
Happy Vegan Eating, and don’t forget to check us out on the Main Facebook Group, where we discuss toddlers and food. There are over thirty thousand vegan parents there, all raising little vegans.
Lastly, don’t forget to have a quick peak on Pinterest, where we pin all these amazing recipes, and ideas. We receive over 250,000 weekly viewers on Pinterest, so we must be doing something right. Don’t forget to check out articles such as A Dozen Healthy (And Easy) Snacks Your Kids Won’t Hate and Everyone’s Guacamole.
Happy Veganing Everyone, we are very happy that you’ve found us, and you’re raising little vegans. The world needs more people like you.