Benefits of Using a Vegan Labor Aide (Recipe Inside)
Labor can be tough and physically demanding on the body. Keeping up energy, hydration, and electrolytes is of utmost importance for a healthy and safe delivery. But what happens if you don’t feel like eating? A vegan labor aide drink could help you navigate through the toughest phase of your life.
You might also like:
- PLANT-BASED TENNIS STAR, NOVAK DJOKOVIC, WINS WIMBLEDON
- JESSIE J CREDITS PLANT-BASED DIET FOR HELPING HER WITH FERTILITY ISSUES
- ROASTED VEGGIES WITH BRUSSELS SPROUTS- AN AMAZING WEEKEND VEGAN BRUNCH
- BANANA PUREE INFUSED FLAT VEGAN PANCAKES WITH CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- PLANT POWERED: VEGAN ATHLETE WINS 6800 KM RACE IN RECORD TIME
- GETTING STARTED WITH BABY LED WEANING
Benefits of Using a Vegan Labor Aide
Labor can be a really intense time for a lot of people, and having the energy to push through, literally, can be difficult. A lot of parents-to-be defer to sports drinks as an easy energy boost while they are in labor.
However, a lot of sports drinks contain artificial colors, flavors, and loads of sugar (or in the sugar-free varieties aspartame and sucralose).
Making your own homemade vegan labor aide can be a great, natural and healthy solution if you wish to avoid all the ‘nasties’ in store-bought sports drinks.
This is an easy recipe you can make ahead of time and freeze for when you are ready to make the trip to the birth center, hospital, or to give birth at home.
- 250ml coconut water
- 750ml water
- 2 drops Bach rescue remedy
- 2 Tbs coconut sugar (I use Niulife syrup)
- 2 lemons juiced
- Himalayan or Celtic salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher.
- Freeze and it’s ready for you to take to the hospital /birth center
The coconut water is high in electrolytes which will help with hydration. Coconut sugar is a much better option for a sweetener than highly refined white sugar (which can also be made with bone char depending on the brand). The rescue remedy will also help you stay calm if you are prone to feeling anxious. If you aren’t then you can just omit this from the recipe.
It is very easy to make your own vegan labor aide and you will be able to avoid a lot of the nasty ingredients that are in the commercial versions of these drinks.