Knock Your Socks Off Buffalo Cauliflower Wings Recipe
These buffalo cauliflower wings are sure to be a hit!
With Superbowl just days away it’s no wonder everyone is looking for vegan alternatives of the typical ‘game day’ food. And that includes wings. I’m not going to lie, I’ve been obsessed with these wings for a while, so much so that even my omni friends ask me to make them! That’s got to be a compliment to the power of tasty veggies right? I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (I use Ripple milk)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour (bonus points, it’s gluten-free!)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp soy butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 450F.
- Wash and cut cauliflower into bite-sized florets for your buffalo cauliflower wings.
- In a large mixing bowl add in all of the ingredients except the hot sauce, BBQ sauce, and cauliflower, and mix until it forms a batter. Your batter should be thin enough to drip, but still able to coat the cauliflower florets.
- Dip each floret into the batter and coat evenly. Make sure you tap off any excess batter on the side of the bowl.
- Lay the florets on the parchment paper, without them being too close together. You want them to get crispy all the way around.
- Bake your cauliflower florets for approx 25 minutes, or until they’re golden brown, flipping them over half way to ensure they cook evenly.
- While they are cooking, mix together your BBQ sauce and hot sauce in a large bowl, to create your buffalo sauce.
- When the ‘wings’ are done, remove them from the oven and place them in the buffalo sauce mix. Mix them to make sure they all get coated evenly. Spread them all back on the baking sheet and bake for another 20-25 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
- When your buffalo cauliflower wings are finished cooking, remove them from the oven, place them on a plate and watch them disappear!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: