Kid-Approved Homemade Vegan Chicken Nuggets Recipe
These vegan chicken nuggets are too good to resist!
It’s hard to get kids to try new foods sometimes. Luckily these homemade vegan chicken nuggets are the perfect solution for picky eaters! They’re pretty simple to make, and only use a few ingredients you’ll probably have in your pantry. Perfect as a snack or some finger food at a party!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (gluten free bread also works)
- 1 can chickpeas, not drained
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat over to 375 degrees F
- Using a food processor with a blade attachment, process the oats into a fine flour. Set aside for later.
- Drain the chickpeas over a mixing bowl or measuring cup and save the liquid.
- Place the chickpeas, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder into a food processor and pulse until crumbly.
- Whisk 1/4 of the chickpea liquid until foamy in a small mixing bowl.
- Add foamy chickpea liquid and 1/2 cup of processed oat flour to the food processor and pulse until mixture forms a ball. (Add more flour if the mixture is too loose)
- Divide the chickpea mixture into nugget sized amounts and shape.
- Coat each nugget in breadcrumbs and bake on a lined tray for 15-20 minutes, or until crispy.
- Serve with your favorite dip and watch them disappear!
This recipe will make approximately 12 vegan chicken nuggets, depending on the size you like to make yours. They can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Making the oats into a flour not only hides them inside the nugget, it also makes the nuggets a complete protein and more filling. The chickpea liquid (called aquafaba) is a perfect egg replacement and holds the vegan chicken nuggets together.
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out other easy kid-friendly recipes like Banana And Raspberry Muffins and Coco Caramel Corn. Connect with us on Facebook and show us your creations! Or tag us on Instagram for a chance to be featured!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Tags: easy vegan recipes, kid friendly recipes, vegan chicken nuggets