This vegan mayonnaise is so good even omni’s can’t tell the difference!
I love mayonnaise. There is no kind of sandwich that shouldn’t have mayonnaise on it in my opinion. This recipe is quick and easy and only uses a few ingredients and a blender. The main ingredient in this recipe is aquafaba, the liquid that comes out of a can of chickpeas. It’s so versatile and the perfect egg replacement.
So look no further for a fantastic vegan mayonnaise recipe, cause this one will knock your socks off.
- 45ml Aquafaba (liquid from a can of chickpeas)
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper
- In a blender combine garlic, lemon juice, aquafaba and mustard. Alternatively you can use an immersion blender on a counter top.
- Blend at high speed until it has a smooth consistency.
- While the blender is running, slowly add in the vegetable oil. It should forma a smooth creamy emulsion.
- Using a rubber spatula, transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- While whisking the mixture constantly, slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe will make about 1 cup of mayonnaise, and it only takes two minutes to make. The aquafaba from the chickpeas is filled with protein and is very egg-like in its cooking properties. It turns out light and non-greasy, but still creamy and the perfect consistency for sandwiches and salads.
This mayonnaise is so versatile and the taste and texture is very similar to regular mayonnaise. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks in a covered container.
I have used this recipe many times with omni friends both as part of a sandwich and in salads and none of them have ever noticed any difference in the taste.
Tags: easy vegan recipes, egg replacement, Protein, quick and easy recipes, vegan food