Delicious Vegan Carrot And Ginger Soup Recipe
Who doesn’t love a good soup when it’s chilly outside? Try out this carrot and ginger soup.
I don’t know about you, but when it’s cold outside the only thing I want to eat is a big bowl of warming soup. Some of my favorite recipes include either soup or anything with peanut butter. My favorites include this carrot and ginger soup, packed full of nutrients and vitamins, its one of my go-to recipes for soup. It’s a minimal effort meal, super easy to make but the results are fantastic. You can also make big batches of it at a time and freeze whatever you don’t use. Perfect for busy on-the-go people!
- 1lb carrots, washed, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium diced onion
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup nondairy milk
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute onions, garlic, and carrots in oil stirring occasionally. Try not to let them brown.
- When garlic and onions have softened, add in vegetable broth, ginger, nondairy milk and simmer for approx 20 minutes.
- When the carrots have softened it’s time to puree your carrot and ginger soup. Remove from the heat and pour into a blender. Depending on the size of your blender you may need to do this in batches. Only fill the blender 1/3 of the way as the liquid will be hot and you don’t want it spilling over.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
This carrot and ginger soup recipe is super simple and quick to make. It’s a good dish as a starter, main, a lunchtime snack or just something to warm you up when it’s chilly outside. Enjoy it with some homemade bread for the perfect chilly weather meal, packed full of vitamins and nutrients.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: