Delicious and Decadent Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe
Don’t Miss This Ultimate Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe
Hosting a birthday soon, or maybe an anniversary. Or maybe you’re like me and don’t actually need an excuse to start cooking up a storm that produces a decadent vegan chocolate cake recipe on an otherwise boring Wednesday hump day.
So hit the bookmark button and save this recipe, because after making this once, you’re going to want to stock up on the sugar and cocoa to make this vegan chocolate cake.
- 2 cups of white flour, or gluten-free white flour
- 3/4 cup cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips, optional
- 1 1/2 cup unrefined sugar
- 1/2 cup bananas
- 1/2 cup regular vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Handful of blueberries
- Preheat the over to 350F and have two baking pans, preferably a round 8″ with a thin layer of vegetable oil or vegan butter ready and put to the side.
- In a bowl, mix the oil, banana, baking soda, sugar, water, and vanilla extract together.
- Make a well with the flour and cocoa powder, and fold in wet mixture until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into the two prepared cake tins.
- Bake for twenty-five mins, and check with a toothpick in the center. Stick it in, and if it comes out clean, your cake is done.
- Take out and cool on a rack, while trying to fend offa sugar rush family from ravaging the cake.
- In another pan, gently heat over a low heat, the chocolate chips. I like to place a bowl on top of a pan of boiling water, to ensure the chips don’t burn.
When the cake is cooled, frost with the melted chocolate chips, throw on the blueberries, and enjoy!
Do you have a great vegan chocolate cake recipe to share? let us know in the comments what your secret ingredient is!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: