Gluten-Free Vegan Cranberry Stuffing For Thanksgiving
If green bean casserole is my favorite Thanksgiving side dish, stuffing is a very close second. And let me tell you, this gluten-free vegan cranberry stuffing is no exception!
In fact, in my family, if you’re in charge of bringing the stuffing and you “forget” (I know you ate it on the way here Aunt Pat) you may aswell turn your car around and head home, as there will be a mutiny and you will be excommunicated from the family!!
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN APPLE APP
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 1 Hr
Servings: 8 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 6 cups stale, gluten-free and vegan bread torn into bite-sized chunks
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Vegan Cranberry Stuffing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoons sage, chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ½ cup dried cranberries
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN GOOGLE PLAY APP
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Spread the torn bread pieces across the baking sheet. Add the minced garlic to the bread, drizzle in the olive oil and then toss the bread in the mixture to coat.
- Transfer baking sheet to oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the bread is crispy and golden.
- Turn the sheet halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- After removing the croutons from the oven, keep the oven on but reduce the oven temperature to 350°F
WANT YOUR MAGAZINE IN PRINT? GET IT FOR UNDER $4 A MONTH RAISEVEGAN
Vegan Cranberry Stuffing
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan on a medium-low heat.
- When the oil is warm, add the chopped celery, onions and salt. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add diced carrots and garlic to pan, cook for another 2 minutes. Stir in the pepper, chopped herbs, walnuts and cranberries and turn off heat.
- Lightly grease 9 x 13 roasting dish. Add the stuffing mixture and the croutons to the roasting dish, toss to combine.
- Add the vegetable stock to the stuffing mixture before tossing again.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes.
Bring this delicious gluten-free and vegan cranberry stuffing to a family feast to impress your loved ones or eat straight out of the oven, it’s that good!!
SIGN UP TO THE EXCLUSIVE GROUP WITH REGISTERED DIETITIANS JUST ASK THE DIETITIAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: