Japan to Resume Commercial Whale Hunting From July 1
Japan is reportedly resuming its decades-long pause on commercial whale hunting that was enforced way back in 1988 after the moratorium was adopted by the International Whaling Commission in 1982. But Japan did continue with the ‘scientific research’ despite international criticism, and now the country is going to resume the same cruel practice, according to multiple reports. Know more here.
You might also like:
- VEGAN HINDU WEDDING IN SINGAPORE: A TRENDSETTER FOR ALL THE RIGHT REASONS
- AREPA WITH FRESH VEGAN SALAD: A SUMPTUOUS AND HEALTHY MEAL
- COUPLE BLESSED WITH A BABY GIRL AFTER 13 MISCARRIAGES
- PELVIC PAIN DURING PREGNANCY: WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW AND REMEDIES
- TIM HORTONS NOW OFFERS VEGAN BREAKFAST SANDWICH USING BEYOND MEAT
- FANDOM GOALS! GREGG’S VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLL FAN VOWS TO VISIT ALL UK BRANCHES
- STUDY PREDICTS RADICAL SHIFT TO LAB-GROWN OR PLANT-BASED MEAT BY 2040
- ODDLY ADORABLE! KIDS VIDEO-BOMBED THEIR FATHERS’ LIVE INTERVIEW WITH BBC
Japan to Resume Commercial Whale Hunting After A 30 Year-Long Pause
Japan’s local fishery source said to Japan Times, on July 1, a fleet of five vessels will depart Japan’s Kushiro, Hokkaido, marking the wake of the 30-year-old slumber of culling the majestic creatures since their withdrawal from the International Whaling Commission. Japan, last year reportedly took off its commitment from the IWC.
The five vessels will set off from the cost of Kushiro and the whaling operation will be reportedly continued for one week, according to the reports and the whaling will be limited within the Japanese waters and not internally. Each vessel will fish from Minamiboso, among other areas for Berardius whales until the end of August. After this phase is complete, the vessels will reportedly meet back at Kushiro in September and resume their hunt until October, this time, for minke whales, Japan Times reports.
Japan’s Chief Cabinet Secretary, Yoshihide Suga criticized the IWC for not paying enough heed in the development of a sustainable Whaling industry and focused too much on whale conservation. Japan Greenpeace last year reportedly condemned the formal government announcement of resuming the cruelty and called for official withdrawal.
What are your thoughts on Japan resuming commercial whale hunting? Comment below.