Satisfying Everything Hummus- A Vegan Spread You’ll Love
Hummus is my favorite spread of all time. For me, I’d dare to say it goes beyond the typical spread. Sometimes I use it to make a savory pasta sauce, and I’ve even used it in a sushi wrap. No matter what I use it on, at the end of the day, my favorite way to have hummus is on a glorious, toasted bagel.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Choc-Chip Sugar Cookies
- Delicious Vegan Zucchini Cheddar Drop Biscuits Recipe
- Chocolate Mint Energy Cookie Recipe
- Irrisistable Vegan Smores Cookies Bars
Satisfying Everything Hummus
My favorite bagels back in the states were actually multigrain bagels, but since moving to France where bagels are somehow a luxury (basically, the only place to find them are in bagel eateries which aren’t at all common) I’ve been missing out. Last time I was in the states, I brought back a disturbing amount of what I thought would hold me over until I visit home for the summer- Trader Joe’s “Everything But the Bagel” seasoning. Featuring sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sea salt flakes, dried garlic, and dried onions, this seasoning blend has been a lifesaver during breakfast time. When combined with hummus on a toasted baguette, it comes close enough to
Making hummus is already an easy task so this seasoning can effortlessly bring your hummus to the next level. Here is how you can simply make satisfying everything hummus at home.
- 1 can (or 12 oz) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel seasoning
- fresh cracked black pepper
- In a food processor, add garbanzo beans tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and salt. Blend until you have a hummus consistency. Add water as needed while blending in to keep everything staying smooth. Once correct consistency has been achieved, stop blending.
- With a spoon, stir in the Everything But the Bagel seasoning to the hummus.
- Transfer the hummus to a reusable container for storage (unless if you plan on eating it all in one sitting, you can set in a normal bowl!)Top with balsamic vinegar, another sprinkle of everything seasoning, and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Enjoy immediately with pita chips, on a bagel, or with sliced veggies or store in the fridge to eat throughout the week.
What type of hummus is your favorite? What is your favorite way to eat it? Let me know in the comments below.