Super Bowl Sunday Layered Vegan Bean Dip Recipe
The Super Bowl is this coming Sunday and for a non-football fan like me, I only go to the parties for the food. Whether you’re hosting or not, you’re sure to awe all guests with this delicious layered vegan bean dip featuring freshly re-fried beans. This dish is so easy that you can have your little one give a helping hand in the kitchen and it can easily be prepared the day ahead. Here is my favorite way of veganizing the typical 5-layer bean dip.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Antioxidant-Packed Delicious Strawberry and Beetroot Vegan Smoothie Bowls
- Homemade Perfume Tips to Ace the Game This Valentine’s Day
- Raw Strawberry Freezer Cake (Without Added Sugar)
- Beat the Naysayers with a Vegan Meal Planner: 5 Reasons Why You Need One
- Vegan-Friendly Valentine’s Day Goodie Bags for Your Kid’s Classmates
Layered Vegan Bean Dip Recipe
- 2 cans pinto beans (not re-fried, you’ll do this step yourself)
- vegan sour cream
- pico de gallo
- vegan cheddar cheese of your choice
- vegan butter (I like Earth Balance)
- almond milk
- taco seasoning
- lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- jarred jalapeños (optional)
- In a large pan with raised edges, add one tablespoon of butter and two cans of pinto beans.
- Using a potato masher (a sturdy fork works just as fine) begin to mash the beans over medium heat. Add half a tablespoon of almond milk in to the mix.
- Once you have a consistent texture, turn to low heat and add taco seasoning, a squeeze of lime juice, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
- Transfer the re-fried beans to a glass dish with tall, raised edges. This is the dish you will serve the bean dip in. Cover with a lid and refrigerate for thirty minutes or until completely cooled.
- Once cooled, you will begin to add the toppings to make even layers. Begin with your favorite guacamole and spread a generous layer over the beans.
- Add a hearty layer of vegan sour cream on top of the guacamole to make a third layer.
- For the fourth layer, add pico de gallo and if you like your bean dip spicy, cut some jalapeños into circles and add on top of the pico de gallo.
- Lastly, top with vegan cheese shreds of your choice. I personally prefer Daiya’s shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cover the bean dip and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve alongside your favorite tortilla chip on Super Bowl Sunday.
What will you be cooking for this year’s Super Bowl? Did you like this layered vegan bean dip recipe? Let me know in the comments below.
SIGN UP TO THE EXCLUSIVE GROUP WITH REGISTERED DIETITIANS JUST ASK THE DIETITIAN
Tags: vegan layered bean dip