Raw Strawberry Freezer Cake (Without Added Sugar)
Quick and easy raw strawberry freezer cake recipe to try this weekend.
Desserts are always on the table in our house, but we try to keep the processed sugar at bay. There are a lot of foods out there that are almost impossible to say no to when your kids ask for it. Sweets are definitely one of them. I love using this cake because it’s super quick and also uses natural ingredients that are good for your little ones. The macadamia nuts are a great flavor enhancer and the freeze-dried strawberries give the crust an extra boost of flavor. Everyone in the family will enjoy this added sugar free raw strawberry freezer cake recipe, so don’t be surprised when it doesn’t last long.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Check Your Horoscope With The Vegan Zodiac
- The March of Silence for Animal Rights
- This Is Your Entire Pregnancy Explained in a Two Minute Video
- What You Need To Know Today About a Chemical Pregnancy
Raw Strawberry Freezer Cake Recipe
For the crust
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 12 dates, soaked in hot water for 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp of water
- 28g freeze-dried strawberries
For the filling
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 8oz raw unsalted macadamia nuts, soaked for 4 hours in
- 16oz fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup plant milk
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a 9-inch springboard pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, add oats, dates, water, and freeze-dried strawberries. Pulse a few times to get it started and then blend until thoroughly combined into what resembles a sticky dough.
- Press dough into the bottom of the pan. If it sticks to your hands dampen them a little with water or use another piece of parchment paper. Press into the pan until bottom is covered and evenly distributed.
- In a blender, add all of the filling ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour filling into pan and shake and tilt the pan to help settle the mixture evenly. Optional: Add sliced strawberries on top before freezing.
- Cover, and place in freezer for about 4 hours to set. When ready to eat, let thaw for about 15 minutes.
Did you like this raw strawberry freezer cake recipe? Let us know in the comments below.
SIGN UP TO THE EXCLUSIVE GROUP WITH REGISTERED DIETITIANS JUST ASK THE DIETITIAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: