Super Easy Yummilicious Vegan Fruit Custard Recipe To Try This Weekend
This smooth, runny and pale liquid is a marvel in itself. To me, it is just the right mood lifter. Add it to any vegan cake or fruit salad and it’ll taste divine. The trick to a perfectly smooth vegan fruit custard is adding the right amount of custard powder at the right time. This particular recipe is my favorite and should go down well with children and adults alike. Find the method below.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- 10 Best Iron Rich Foods For Kids
- 3 Ayurvedic DIY Vegan Skincare Recipes To Spoil Yourself Every Weekend.
- 3 Best And Easy To Cook Vegan Sweets Recipes
- 3 Plant Based Cookie Recipes to Bake this Week!
Vegan Fruit Custard Recipe
You will need:
- Vegan milk- 2 cups or 250 ml; (coconut milk mixed with cashew milk is the best combo)
- Vanilla custard powder (any good vegan custard powder)- 2 tablespoons
- Organic sugar- 2 to 3 large tablespoons
- Apple- 1 medium, chopped
- Banana- 1 medium, chopped
- Pomegranate- ½ cup
- Grapes- halved ½ cup
- Strawberries- ½ cup
- Mango- ½ cup, or any other seasonal fruit of your choice
Vegan Fruit Custard: Preparation Method
Here we’ll be making a complete dessert dish by mixing fruits and sauce that can be served directly without assembling. You can drizzle the custard on fruits traditionally, as well. Either way tastes delicious.
- The first step is to chill the chopped fruits in the freezer. Pre-chilling prevents them from releasing moisture that greatly affects the consistency of the custard.
- Now bring the vegan milk to boil. Reserve some cold milk for mixing the powder. Once it is boiling, add the sugar until it dissolves.
- In the meantime, add 2 tablespoons of custard powder and mix it with the cold milk first. There should be no lumps at all.
- Now slowly pour the cold slurry into the hot milk, mixing vigorously with a whisk so that it does not form any lumps. The flame should be low while mixing.
- Heat the mix for a few minutes, then turn down the heat and let it cool.
- The consistency should be runny. Chill in the fridge.
- Take out the fruits and add them to the sauce and enjoy a delicious chilled custard.
The yellow of the sauce along with the colors of the fruit is sure to allure the foodie in you. Try this one-pot pasta for your meal and end with this dessert! Let me know how you liked the vegan fruit custard recipe below.