Soul Saving Soup: A Thick Vegan Soup that Uplifts (Recipe)
If you’re prone to flu and easily fall prey to the clutches of cough and cold, well then, it seems that you are in need of a healthy concoction to ease you out. Read on to find that one perfect soup that is as warm as a comforter (Like literally). It can make you glow even at times when you feel low (See, the very thought of the recipe brings out the poet in me!)
You might also like:
- THE SPRING CRUNCH SALAD (RECIPE)
- WHEN IBS AND PARENTING CAUSES A STICKY SITUATION
- MEDITATION- WHAT, HOW, AND WHY
- 5 KITCHEN ESSENTIALS YOU’LL WISH YOU STARTED USING SOONER
Vegan Soup Recipe
Different cultures have different version of soups. It is often taken as an appetizer in the Asian culture whereas, in the western countries, soups are taken at supper. This particular veg soup is one of a kind heavy soup that put into use the stock as well as the pulp of the veggies. It is extremely easy to prepare and is very nourishing. You can simply have it with a toast or any vegan croutons.
- Carrot– 1 cup; (diced)
- Potato– 1 cup; (diced)
- Beetroot– ½ cup; (diced)
- Sweet potato- ½ cup; (diced)
- Cauliflower– 1 cup; (diced)
- Radish– 1 cup; diced
- Tomato– 1 large chopped
- Bell peppers– ½ cup chopped
- Basil leaves– 4 to 5
- Cilantro– a bunch
- Ginger– ½ inch
- Salt to taste
- White pepper powder
- Sesame oil
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped cilantro and ginger. Once they turn dark, add the diced veggies.
- Sauté for a while about 4 minutes. Add enough water. Cover the pan and simmer for half an hour. Remember there should be enough water.
- After the veggies are soft and can be mashed, turn down the heat.
- Strain the veggies from the water/stock. Keep the water/stock aside.
- Strain the veggie through a strainer or simply mash it into a pulp in a mixer grinder. The pulp will have to be smooth.
- Now pour the previously strained water into a thick bottomed pan. Turn on the heat and bring to boil.
- Add the prepared pulp into the boiling broth. Stir until lump free. At this point, you will get a reddish, thick soup.
- Add salt as required. I prefer sea salt.
- Add in the white pepper according to your heat preference.
- Finally, add in a dash of sesame oil and serve steamy hot.
This soup is perfect for a chilly winter night or after an exhausting day. All the goodness of the veggies and starch from the potatoes will keep you full and healthy. You can omit any veggies or add others according to your taste. Straining the pulp can be messy so just use a mixer grinder or smoothie maker. Do try it soon. It is easy & you’ll love it.