Cauliflower is such a delicious vegetable. Plus you can do so much with it! Eat it cooked or raw, bake it, fry it deep fry it all tastes good! Yesterday I was thinking what to make for dinner, something fast and easy. I had cauliflower in my fridge so I made this easy but very yummy dish, curried cauliflower!
- 1 cauliflower (the one I had was medium size)
- 1 big red pepper
- 1 big onion
- 2 big cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of Basmati rice or any rice of your choice
- A bunch of fresh parsley or coriander
- 1/4 of shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 chopped cucumber
- Finely chop onion and pepper. Break cauliflower into small florets. Peel and mince garlic.
- Place rice in the pot add 2 cups of water. Once it comes to boil reduce heat to lowest and set timer for 9 min.
- To a hot pan add oil, chopped veggies, spices and salt. Mix it up. Add 1/4cup of water and saute for about 15 min or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked rice to a pan with veggies and mix in all up.
- Serve it with some shredded iceberg lettuce, chopped cucumber, fresh parsley and a drizzle of lime/lemon juice.