Vegan Southwest Potato Corn Chowder To Warm Up Your Soul
There are tons of body warming cuisines to choose from these days, but nothing soothes the soul more than a creamy bowl of soup. You really can’t go wrong especially with ones that are filled with a heaping serving of soft potatoes and sweet corn. The southwest flavors of this potato corn chowder are always a great combination especially topped with vegan cheese to make it extra rich. This soup doesn’t have much heat and is mild, but if you prefer a little kick of spice you can definitely amp that up with adding a few of the jalapeno seeds. This recipe is obviously paired perfectly with crispy tortilla chips and I highly recommend topping it with green onion and cilantro for a fresh crisp flavor.
Pick up six issues of Raise Vegan Magazine for only $29.40!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- 5 Delicious Smoothies For Everyone!
- MAKE MCDONALD’S VEGAN BURGER STYLED POTATO PATTIES AT HOME FROM SCRATCH
- PRACTICING HEALTHY HABITS WHEN PREGNANT, AND STICKING TO THEM
- WHIP UP A BATCH OF VEGAN IRISH CREAM THIS CHRISTMAS
Vegan Southwest Potato Corn Chowder
- 1 lb red potatoes, washed and quartered
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 4-oz can diced green chilis
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups plant-based milk
- 3-½ cups no-chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (15 oz ) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- 1 cup vegan cheese, shredded
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Stir in onion, red pepper, jalapeño, and garlic. Sauté ingredients for 5 minutes until tender.
- Sprinkle cumin and flour over vegetables and stir until flour is no longer raw. Gradually stir in broth and milk to deglaze the Dutch oven.
- Add potatoes and green chilis ; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove 2 cups of the soup and blend on high until smooth. Add the mixture back to the pot and stir in the corn,sour cream, and cheese. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and enjoy with your favorite toppings.
Vegan Southwest Potato Corn Chowder is ready! Did you like the recipe? Let us know in the comments below.
And, if you’re still wondering what kind of Christmas gifts to get this year. Pick up six issues of Raise Vegan Magazine for only $29.40!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: