Easy Vegan Singapore Noodles Recipe You Are Going To Love
Vegan Singapore noodles is a flavorful noodle dish that has a special twist to the taste. The specialty of this dish is its rich yellow color that comes from the use of turmeric. The original recipe uses thin rice noodles and stir-fried veggies. A lot of veggies like snap peas, cabbage, carrot and bean sprouts are used. But I have tried this recipe using wheat Hakka noodles and my version also turned out good. Nonetheless, you’re free to try with rice noodles, as well.
You might also like:
- REEBOK DEVELOPS VEGAN SNEAKERS WITH “THINGS THAT GROW”
- JASMINE HARMAN REFUSED TO SHOOT IN HOTEL THAT OFFERS “SUCCULENT PIG”
- CELLULAR AQUACULTURE COMPANY BLUENALU SCALES UP
- VEGAN COACHELLA? POSTMATES AND FESTIVAL TEAM UP TO DELIVER GRUB TO PARTIERS
- CHAT WITH MOO FREE, LEADERS OF DAIRY-FREE & VEGAN CHOCOLATES
- SPINACH MUSHROOM CREAMY VEGAN RISOTTO
Vegan Singapore Noodles Recipe
I once went to an Indo-Chinese restaurant where I ordered a plate of Singapore style noodles and I loved it for their use of turmeric as a dominant flavor. Hence I owe my adaption to them. So in this recipe, we will use fewer veggies and no curry powder. Instead, we will use dried Shiitake mushrooms. The concept is the same, ingredients are a bit twisted.
You will need:
- Vegan Hakka noodles– 1 packet, around 300 gms
- Dried red chili– 1 whole
- Dried Shiitake mushrooms– 2 medium (or button mushroom)
- Baby corn– Chopped in slices (optional)
- Carrot– ½ cup, thinly sliced
- Red and yellow bell pepper– de-seeded and thinly sliced
- Ginger– 1 inch, thinly sliced
- Turmeric powder– 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- Sesame oil for garnishing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Organic sugar– 1 teaspoon
- Organic vinegar– 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable seasoning– 1 teaspoon (optional)
How to make
- Boil the Hakka noodles following the instructions on the package. This recipe needs a bit more oil for that great flavor. After the noodles are boiled, drain the water and spread on a plate to dry. Immediately drizzle olive oil or vegetable oil (one tablespoon) over the noodles and allow it to dry with the oil. This will give you a perfect chewy noodle texture.
- Soak the shitake mushrooms overnight and squeeze them dry before shredding into thin slices. Now keep all other ingredients near you. The trick to a perfect plate of Singapore noodles is its stir fry technique. You do not want to overcook any ingredient so it is mandatory to have everything ready before turning on the heat.
- Once everything is prepared, heat up oil in a frying pan. Now fry the shiitake mushrooms with half of the vinegar. Stir fry until the appetizing aroma is released. Keep aside.
- Now heat another two tablespoons of oil and make it smoking hot. Then add the turmeric powder straight into the oil. This is a very important part to spread the yellow color evenly. Immediately add the shredded dry red chili to the turmeric oil.
- Within a few seconds, add in the carrot and fry for one minute. Now add in the bell pepper and ginger and stir fry for another minute, do not overcook.
- Add in the seasoning and the remaining vinegar. Now quickly add the cooked noodles. Add in the salt and pepper. Stir very well and finally add the shiitake mushroom. Stir everything for a minute and turn off the heat. The entire stir fry process should not take more than six minutes. Serve hot with a drizzle of sesame oil.
In no time your delicious plate of Singapore-styled noodles is ready. It is very unique and you will simply love the oriental flavor. Do try and let us know in the comments how you liked it.