Munch On These Spinach Potato Pea Vegan Cutlets (Hara Bhara Kebabs)
Hara Bhara Kebabs are the vegan counterparts of non-veg kebabs made from lamb meat. These spinach potato pea vegan cutlets are finger-licking good and the best part is, they don’t reek of any defenseless animal’s suffering. Kebabs are one of the most popular starters served in the Indian subcontinent. They are delicious, spicy and not too heavy if you opt for shallow frying (instead of deep).
Check out this super easy vegan cutlets (hara bhara kebabs) recipe.
You might also like:
- Easy To Cook Vegan Snacks- Tofu Fritters
- Crispy, Pan Fried Eggplants (Baingan Bhaja)
- Vegetable Rice With Mint Cilantro Dip
- Vegan Chickpea Curry
Spinach Potato Pea Vegan Cutlets (Hara Bhara Kebabs)
- 4 cups blanched spinach leaves
- 4 medium potatoes, boiled
- 6 tbsp gram flour
- 1 tbsp green chilies, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 cups boiled peas
- 4 tbsp cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger, finely grated
- 2 tbsp dry mango powder
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- pinch of Asafoetida powder
- vegetable oil
- In a mixing bowl, add boiled peas, potatoes, grated ginger, green chilies, chopped (blanched) spinach leaves, and cilantro leaves. Mash them all very well. Set aside.
- In a deep pan, roast gram flour until it is aromatic. Take care that it doesn’t get over-roasted or too dark in color.
- Add gram flour, salt, pepper powder, asafoetida, and dry mango powder to the spinach-potato mash set aside in the previous step.
- Knead the mix thoroughly to give it a dough like consistency. Shape the dough into several small, flat, round patties.
- In a pan, shallow fry the patties until they turn golden on both sides. Do not forget to flip for even cooking of patties.
Did you like this recipe? Let us know in the comments below.
SIGN UP TO THE EXCLUSIVE GROUP WITH REGISTERED DIETITIANS JUST ASK THE DIETITIAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: