Rainy Day Spring Sugar Cookies
Rainy days are still among us. What’s worse than a rainy school day is a rainy weekend, where your children are trapped indoors when they want to go out. Help them get a little taste of Spring without the raincoat, try baking Spring-inspired sugar cookies. With this recipe, you can use any cookie cutter of your choice to make whichever shape your little one desires whether it be flowers, butterflies, or cute animals. Here is how you can make deliciously sweet vegan sugar cookies.
Delicious Sugar Cookies Recipe
For the sugar cookies
1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour (you may also swap out for a gluten-free blend)
⅓ cup vegan butter
½ cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp almond milk (or any non-dairy milk you prefer)
2 ½ tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp baking soda
⅛ tsp salt
extra flour for rolling
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Beyond Meat To Release Ground Beef Alternative This Year
- ‘Meat The Victims’ Activists UK Protest At Pig Farm
- Hilarious Baby Announcements That Made Me Pee My Pants Laughing
- 10 Ways To Get Rid Of Bags Under Your Eyes
- 300% Increase In Plant-Based Consumption In 12 Months According To Report
- Into a bowl, sift in all of the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda, salt) together. Set aside.
- Into a different large mixing bowl, use either a hand mixer or a standing mixture to beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract together until you have a smooth, creamy texture.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients into the creamed butter and sugar, mix well with a hand whisk.
- Powder your work area with flour (a clean countertop lined with parchment paper works fine) and roll your cookie dough into a ball, being generous with the flour.
- Using a rolling pin coated in flour, roll out the dough ball into a large rectangle to be about a ⅓ inch thick. As you roll the dough, keep in mind to work from the center out.
- Using cookie cutters of your choice, coat them in flour and press into the dough firmly to create shaped cookies. With each shape, transfer to a large sheet pan lined with parchment paper. When you are out of room for more shapes, re-form the dough into a ball, re-roll into a flat rectangle, and continue cutting shapes.
- When finished, place the sheet pan with completed shapes into the fridge to cool for at least one hour. This will help prevent the cookies from spreading too much and being deformed during baking.
- After chilling, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges just begin to brown.
- Let sit on a baking rack once to completely cool. Once cool, decorate with a vegan frosting of your choice and enjoy!
Will you make this sugar cookie recipe? What is your way to decorating sugar cookies? Let me know in the comments below.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: