Try These Vegan Mexican Elote And Thank Us Later
If you are looking for the perfect easy vegan Mexican elote recipe, you have arrived at the right place.
Looking for the perfect food to eat when the weather’s nice and you find yourself wanting to chow down on savory comfort foods? Elote, or Mexican street corn, is all you’ll ever need to satisfy these cravings. Beware because once you try this Mexican delight, you’ll never go back to plain
Although you can find this delicious treat without having to go to Mexico, I’ve yet to see any stands selling vegan elote (even in the hippie town of Santa Cruz where I used to live). Typically served with dairy-filled crema, lime and a lot of parmesan cheese, have no fear because veganizing Mexican favorite elote is an easy task. Get your grill ready and put some beers in the fridge because this is how you can make your very own batch of vegan Mexican elote at home.
You might also like:
- STAR-LORD-APPROVED GALAXY BREAKFAST TOAST FOR AVENGERS ENDGAME
- SPIDER-MAN INSPIRED PERSONAL VEGAN PIZZAS FOR AVENGERS ENDGAME
- LIGHTSABER POPSICLES FOR MAY THE 4TH
- Hulk-Inspired Matcha Green Tea Cupcakes Perfect for Avengers Endgame
- SKIP THE SOMBRERO: HOW TO TALK TO YOUR KIDS ABOUT CULTURAL APPROPRIATION
- MOTHER ACCUSES SUPERMARKET GIANT ALDI OF COPYING HER PRAM COVER DESIGN
Veganized Mexican Elote
- 4 corns on the cob
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo (I like Just Mayo)
- 1/4 cup vegan sour cream
- nutritional yeast
- chile powder
- minced cilantro
- fresh lime
- salt to taste
- Grill the corns on the cob to your liking as you normally would. My preferred way is about 5-7 minutes with husks on, followed by 5 more minutes with the husks off. Once finished, set aside wrapped in foil to keep them warm as your prepare the crema.
- For the crema, mix the vegan mayo and vegan sour cream together followed by the juice of 1/4 lime.
- In a separate bowl, mix 3 parts nutritional yeast to one part chili powder.
- Using a cooking brush, brush a hearty amount of the crema on the grilled corn followed by a generous helping of the nutritional yeast-chili mix. Top it all off with freshly minced cilantro, even
moresqueezed lime and salt to taste.
- Serve as is with your favorite beer cocktail for the adults or for the kids, with fresh squeezed lemonade. Want to make it into a full meal? Serve with portobello fajitas and a side of Mexican rice. Add more fresh lime to your elote as needed while you are eating and enjoying!
Will you be making this vegan Mexican elote? Let me know in the comments below.