Try This Ridiculously Easy Homemade Peanut Butter Recipe
Peanut butter is delicious and that’s a fact. Do you want to how you can make ridiculously easy home made peanut butter in literally 5 minutes? Keep reading to find out how.
You might also like:
- Refreshing Strawberry Banana Vegan Smoothie
- Vegan Chickpea Cookie Pie
- Peanut Butter Pumpkin Dog Treats Recipe
- Peanut Butter And All The Delicious Recipes You Can Make
You might also like:
- VEGAN TERIYAKI TOFU LETTUCE WRAPS YOU’LL LOVE
- CITRUS BEET AND ARUGULA SALAD RECIPE
- VEGAN CHEESE SHOP IN CANADA TOLD TO STOP USING THE WORD CHEESE
- STEVE-O RECEIVES BACKLASH FOR QUITTING VEGANISM
Ridiculously Easy Homemade Peanut Butter
Peanut butter is one of those purchases that is hard for me to justify as I am living in France. It is not at all common here (especially compared to it’s widespread popularity back in the states) and the closest alternative is Nutella (which of course, isn’t vegan) Because of my predicament, I have decided that instead of dropping half of my weekly grocery budget on a jar of this creamy deliciousness, I’d just make it at home. There are many benefits to making peanut butter at home, mine being the significantly lower cost and being able to enjoy it without the added sugar.
This peanut butter can be eaten immediately or it can be stored in a tightly sealed mason jar or container. Store the peanut butter in the fridge to allow it to keep for longer. This homemade spread can be used in anything your peanut-butter loving heart desires! Some ideas are crispy grilled PB&J sandwiches, Thai peanut stir fry, and indulgent tofu satay.
The original recipe will yield creamy peanut butter and the optional steps will yield crunchy peanut butter.
- 2 1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 pinch of salt
- For chunky peanut butter: ½ cup dry roasted peanuts
- (Optional) In a high-speed food processor, measure ½ cup of the peanuts.
- (Optional) Quickly pulse a few times until the peanuts are roughly chopped. Remove from the processor and set aside.
- Add the last 2 ½ cups of peanuts to the processor.
- Process the peanuts until you see peanut butter form. (Trust me, it’s better than watching liquid gold Once peanut butter consistency has been achieved, stop processing.
- (Optional) Stir in the ½ cup of peanuts from steps 1 and 2 to the creamy mixture and add in a pinch of salt.
- Serve immediately or save for your next peanut-butter related emergency.
Have you ever made your own nut butter at home? Do you know any other ridiculously easy home made peanut butter recipe? Any tips or tricks? Let me know in the comments below.