Yummy Vegan Potato Salad Even Omnivores Will Love
Vegan Potato salad is one of those delicious yet super unhealthy foods that I look forward to having at every cookout. Potato salad goes perfectly with any of your other summer favorites, from plant-based “pulled pork” burgers made from jack-fruit to your favorite plant-based soy dogs. Alongside macaroni salad and coleslaw, going vegan hasn’t kept me from enjoying any of the classic mayonnaise-drenched foods that we remember so fondly from our childhood. (Side note: Does anyone else put coleslaw on their vegan hot dogs or was that that just me?)
Do you want to make a killer potato salad that you can bring to any cookout, including one where the majority of attendees are omnivores (AKA those that probably use eggs and mayo in their own recipes)? With potatoes, vegan mayo, and an array of customizable seasonings and vegetables, potato salad can be a simple go-to for all of your summer potlucks. Continue below to see our recipe for the best vegan potato salad that even omnivores will love.
You might also like:
- F.A.K.E NEWS ALERT- PLANT BASED FASHION POP-UP TO ARRIVE IN LA
- VEGAN FORTHETHRONE? MEET THE VEGAN STAR CAST OF GAME OF THRONES
- VEGAN ADVENTURES WITH BARNYARD FRIENDS- A PERFECT BOOK FOR YOUR VEGAN KID
- COCONUT BASED VEGAN DESSERT- ‘NARKEL NARU’ THAT YOU’LL LOVE
- ANTISPECIST MILITANT VEGANS JAILED FOR RANSACKING BUTCHER SHOPS IN FRANCE
- EVERYTHING VEGAN MEAL PREP COOKBOOK (BLACK BEAN BURGER RECIPE INSIDE)
Vegan Potato Salad
- 8 medium potatoes (either russets or yukon golds)
- 1 1/2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 pickle, diced
- 1/4 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 cups plant-based mayonnaise (I like Just Mayo and Veganaise)
- 1 1/2 tbsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Boil your potatoes in a large pot of salted water until they are tender enough to be easily pierced, but not too mushy. This will take approximately 15 minutes.
- Once potatoes are tender, carefully remove from water and rinse in a strainer under cold water so that they stop cooking and are easy enough to handle.
- Peel the potatoes and chop into bite sized pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- Add in all other ingredients (besides the cilantro if you will be using it) and all seasoning. Mix well.
- Refridgerate until cold (best if left overnight to chill) and serve alongside your favorite main course.
- Top with a small sprig of cilantro before serving and enjoy!
What’s your favorite dish to enjoy with a side of vegan potato salad? Let me know in the comments below.