Carrot and Zucchini Vegan Cupcakes with ‘Cream Cheese’ Frosting
Easter might be over but the craving for delicious dessert isn’t. Try these post-Easter goodies, and indulge in an alarming amount of these delicious carrots and zucchini vegan cupcakes. Although the vegetables are visible, you definitely won’t taste them in this dessert, especially not with our sweet vegan cream cheese frosting. Is your mouth watering yet?
You might also like:
- ‘Pony’- The Orangutan Raped Several Times Recovers
- VEGAN FOOD TRENDING: HOMEMADE BBQ JACKFRUIT PULLED PORK BURGER
- GRANDMOTHER WHO WET NURSE DAUGHTER’S 10-MONTH-OLD BABY, PEOPLE GROSSED OUT
- EVERYTHING BOOBY: LONDON SKYLINE FULL OF TI*S TO DESTIGMATISE BREASTFEEDING
- WHALES IN CAPTIVITY: RUSSIAN ‘WHALE JAIL’ AND INTERNATIONAL OUTCRY OVER IT
Carrot and Zucchini Easter Vegan Cupcakes
- 1 cup grated zucchini *
- 1 cup grated carrot*
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk or soy milk
- 2 flax eggs (flaxseed meal and water)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups vegan cream cheese of choice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Optional: Vegan sprinkles
*Make sure to remove excess liquid by squeezing out the retained water from the vegetables after wrapping them in a clean dish cloth. Don’t be afraid to save the excess juice to use in smoothies!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the almond flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda
- Add the flax egg, vegetable oil and almond milk. Using a hand mixer, mix the batter well and ensure that there are no remaining clumps.
- Add in the drained and grated carrots and zucchini to the batter, this time using a whisk or a large fork to mix.
- In a cupcake tray with liners, pour the batter in. Bake for 10-13 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let cool on a wire baking tray.
- While cupcakes are cooling, make the frosting. In a clean mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat with a hand mixer.
- Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, use a piping bag to add as much frosting as your heart desires to your cupcakes! Optionally, add a generous amount of vegan sprinkles to top it off. Enjoy Easter morning with a large coffee or on a lazy Saturday morning on-the-go with your kids.
What is your favorite baking recipe to use when you want to sneak veggies into your kid’s diet? Did you like this vegan cupcakes recipe? Let me know in the comments below.