Devour This Spicy Aromatic Vegan Potato Curry
To all the curry lovers- this spicy aromatic vegan potato curry will simply blow up your mind. Each spoonful of the gravy is bursting with flavor and unique texture- that will leave you wanting for more! Adjust the spice meter to your liking, pair it up with jasmine rice and Voila! You are set for a delicious evening- a dinner your guests would fondly remember.
If you have been craving some non vegan food, this recipe is a must try. I developed this recipe after some hits and misses while finding the vegan counter part of egg curry. Hope you enjoy it.
Without much adieu, let me get to the recipe.
Vegan Potato Curry
Time: 45 minutes
For vegan potato curry:
- Baby potatoes (boiled and peeled): 6
- Finely chopped onion (medium sized): 4
- Grind tomatoes (medium sized): 3
- Garlic cloves (minced): 4-5
- Ginger (minced): one inch piece
- Coconut milk: 2 cup
- Vegetable oil: 5-6 table spoon
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- 10 Best Vegan-Friendly Cities Around The World
- BOM BOM Launch New Alcoholic Beverage, Vegan Hemp Milk Cream Liqueur!
- Do You Need Meat When Pregnant?
- Five Vegan Dinner Ideas To Make This Week
- Cumin seeds: 2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder: as per your liking (I prefer 1.5 tablespoon)
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Dried Coriander (cilantro) powder: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: as per taste
- Bay Leaf (whole): 1
- Cloves: 2
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium flame. Crackle cumin seeds in it. Add bay leaf and cloves to it.
- Next add finely chopped onions to it. Saute over low flame till they turn golden. Add ginger and garlic to it.
- Cook the mix till the raw smell of garlic goes away. You’ll see the mixture turns golden.
- Now add tomato paste to the mix and saute for over a minute. turn the flame to medium. When you see oil leaving the sides, add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt to it.
- Let the mixture cook for a minute or two. Keep stirring it in between to prevent sticking to the base.
- Add boiled baby tomatoes and gently toss around to let them coat in the spices. Be careful to not mash or break them in.
- Add coconut milk and let it cook over low flame for about 7-8 minutes.
- Turn up the heat and gently stir in the gravy. Cook for another 2 minutes over medium flame.
- Turn the flame off. Garnish with some fresh cilantro leaves and serve with jasmine rice.
What do you think of this vegan potato curry? Do let us know in the comments below.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: