Indo-Chinese Vegan Fried Rice You’ll Love
Rice is the staple food for many communities. Its texture and taste are perfect to go with many delicious gravies. This vegan fried rice recipe is simple yet delicious. Great for a Sunday brunch with friends and families. Fun and simple to cook, your children will love this dish too. Find the recipe below.
Before you proceed
There are many varieties of rice and each variety has its own nutritional value. Brown rice is high in fiber and low in calorie. For the health conscious folks, unpolished rice is the best option. Do not go for the polished looking sleek rice variety. Their nutritional value is very low. This particular recipe is my version of the various other versions of the fried rice. I like to call it an Indo-Chinese vegan fried rice. It juggles the good of both the lands. You can prepare it with leftover rice or freshly steamed rice as well.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- NUTRITIOUS AND TANGY VEGAN CHICKPEA SALAD
- ONE-POT PASTA- THE ULTIMATE VEGAN COMFORTER
- 10 Newborn Surprises you REALLY need to know
- 8 Myths About Vegan Children That Need Debunking
Vegan fried Rice Recipe
This recipe serves four.
Boiled rice: 4 cups (not very soft boiled. A bit on the harder side)
Chopped Cabbage: 1 ½ cup
Chopped Bell peppers: 1 cup
Chopped Carrot: 3/4 cup
Broccoli florets: 1 cup (In smallest size possible)
Ginger: 1 inch, grated
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
MSG: two pinch (optional)
Sugar– 1 teaspoon
Soy sauce– 2 tablespoon (If deep, use half)
Chili sauce– 1 tablespoon
Tomato puree– 1 ½ tablespoon
Sesame to drizzle on top
- Heat a fry pan. Add a tablespoon of oil and let it become smoky hot. At this point add the broccoli and stir fry in high heat until it releases a smoky flavor. You need to continuously toss the broccoli to prevent it from charring.
- When the broccoli turns dark, add in the carrot and bell pepper and keep on tossing in high heat. The veggies should be crunchy and not overcooked. To achieve a crunchy texture, do not add salt while tossing. Please try to put veggies as sequentially as mentioned. This is suggested keeping in mind the cooking time of different veggies.
- Once the veggies are half done, add the ginger and cabbage. The cabbage has to be crunchy as well. Adding the ginger later will keep its zingy flavor intact.
- Once the veggies are stir fried to perfection, add the salt, pepper, sugar, MSG and toss for a while. Then add in the sauces and toss for another thirty seconds. At this point the flavors will be released and a relishing aroma will fill the kitchen.
- Finally, add the cooked rice and toss. Avoid over cooking. Check the salt and pepper and add more if needed. Before serving drizzle toasted or untoasted sesame as garnish. You can use less oil to cook this dish. It can be eaten as it is or accompanied by your favorite side dish.
This vegan fried rice recipe is very easy to make and is perfect to serve at parties. It tastes as great with leftover rice as well. Please try the recipe and let us know how it turned out, in the comments below.