Vegan Cauliflower Rice- A Healthy Alternative to Grains
If you’re looking to cut backs little bit on rice, there is a way that will allow you to be free from the pain of going without it! Want in on the secret? Vegan cauliflower rice.
Much like how you can replace zucchini with spaghetti without missing much, you can replace some or all of the rice on your family’s dinner plate with this healthier alternative. My favorite way to enjoy it is with a 1 to 1 ratio of basmati rice so that I can unapologetically get seconds when it comes to eating a delicious vegetable stir fry or a filling curry. Without any further ado, here is how you can make nutritious vegan cauliflower rice to add to or replace your normal rice.
You might also like:
- REVIEWING DISGUISE COSMETICS PRODUCTS: FIND OUT WHICH ONE ACED OUR LIST
- LITERARY CHARACTERS YOUR FEMINIST KID CAN LOOK UP TO
- “MAKE THEM EAT STEAK!” NYC PRIVATE SCHOOL SAYS ‘FU*K YOU TO MEATLESS MONDAY
- PALM OIL AND ORANGUTANS: THE HEARTBREAKING CONNECTION WE CANNOT OVERLOOK
- AWESOME FANDOM INSPIRED NURSERIES IDEAS YOU’LL FALL IN LOVE WITH
- AIRLINES URGED TO OFFER VEGAN MEAL IN-FLIGHT TO CATER PLANT-BASED EATERS
- GIRL KILLED HERSELF POST WATCHING 13 REASONS WHY. MOTHER WARNS PARENTS
Vegan Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- Prepare your cauliflower by removing the leaves and wash thoroughly with cold water in a strainer before proceeding.
- You can either use a food processor or a box grater to turn your cauliflower into rice. As you can imagine, using a box grater is more time consuming, but it is possible to do it this way. I prefer to use a food processor for the sake of time. Simply roughly cut your cauliflower into medium-sized florets and run through the processor until you have what looks like rice.
- You can eat it raw mixed in with cooked rice in a buddha bowl or you can continue to cook it for something more rice-like. To cook, add olive oil and minced garlic to a pan over high heat. Once the garlic begins to get color, add in your cauliflower and cook until the cauliflower is soft. Season with dried parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy immediately with your favorite plant-based main dish or store in the fridge to enjoy as a meal-prep lunch throughout the week.
Have you ever tried making vegan cauliflower rice before? Will you be trying out this recipe? Let me know in the comments below.