Vegan Owl Oat Pancakes- A Fun Summer Breakfast for Kids
Are you looking for a fun, new way to add a cute twist on your weekend pancakes? Why not make some banana-oat pancakes that look like a cute little cartoon owl? Perfect for a weekend breakfast with the kids, these owl oat pancakes will forever be a part of your rotation of pancake recipes.
Making animal-inspired pancakes with the help of some chopped fruit is a surprisingly easy task! Without stopping at owls, you could also use this pancake base to make pancake cats, bears, pandas, or even elephants if you add additional pancake halves to the sides for the ears. Continue below to see how you can make these banana oat owl pancakes at home that your kids will ask for every weekend.
You might also like:
- ROSARIO DAWSON OPTS FOR A VEGAN DIET; SAYS IT MAKES HER ‘FEEL GOOD’
- H&M TO CEASE CASHMERE BY 2020 AFTER HORRORS OF THE INDUSTRY REVEALED
- NIKE TO PROTECT PREGNANT ATHLETES’ PAY
- SUMMER-PERFECT MATERNITY DRESSES TO SHOW OFF YOUR BUMP
- RAISING VEGAN KIDS WITH SOY ALLERGY- IT’S POSSIBLE
- CREPES WITH BANANA AND PEANUT BUTTER: PERFECT POWER PACKED VEGAN BREAKFAST
- A VEGAN’S GUIDE TO EATING PLANT-BASED AT CHIPOTLE
Vegan Owl Oat Pancakes
For The Oat Pancakes
- 2 medium-large bananas, peeled and mashed
- 2 tbsp melted vegan butter (and a little extra for coating the pan!)
- 1 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp organic sugar
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the above ingredients and using a whisk or a hand mixer, mix until you have a smooth and even consistency. It is important to make sure the banana is mashed before adding in all of the other ingredients to ensure that it is not clumpy.
- In a pan over medium heat coated with a small amount of vegan butter, add the mixture into pancake shapes and cook covered with a lid until you see small bubbles forming. Flip and cook the other side until your pancakes are a light golden brown.
- Serve as is or follow the below instructions to make pancake owls.
For Making The Owl
- Prepared oat pancakes
- Strawberries, de-stemmed and halved
- Bananas, sliced into thin discs
- Sliced almonds
- Maple syrup for serving
- Jam for serving
- Layout 1 or two pancakes flat on a plate.
- Use two strawberry halves to make wings, banana slices and blueberries t make the eyes, and rows of sliced almonds to create the chest area of the owl.
- Serve with a side of homemade jam or maple syrup and enjoy!
Did you love this vegan owl oat pancakes recipe? Comment below.
Tags: vegan breakfast, vegan pancakes