Super Nutritious Vegan Roasted Pumpkin Salad with Spinach and Walnut
Who said salads have to be boring? This brilliant vegan roasted pumpkin salad recipe might make you reconsider your aversion from salads. Get into making with the recipe below.
You might also like:
- AN INSIDE PEEK INTO THE CRUELTY-FREE MAKEUP BRAND ELLIS FAAS
- THE PERFECT ACCOMPANIMENT FOR YOUR AT-HOME DATE NIGHT: DAIRY-FREE FALOODA
- SUMMER FRUIT SALAD WITH COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM GARNISH
- REPORT SUGGESTS IMPOSSIBLE BURGER IS AMERICA’S NO-1 LATE NIGHT DELIGHT
- CRAVING VEGAN STRAWBERRY AND CREAM? WIMBLEDON’S ICONIC TREAT GETS A TWIST
- COW SMUGGLER DIES FROM BEING LETHALLY HIT IN THE GROIN BY THE COW
- ALDI’S NEWEST VEGAN QUARTER POUNDER IS A MUST-TRY THIS BBQ SEASON
Salad Doesn’t Has to Be Boring
Salads are often a complete package of goodness. They are great when you are on a diet or when you feel like having something light and healthy. Whatever the reason, salads are always a good choice. This particular recipe contains simple ingredients which brilliantly mingle to create an awesome taste.
- Pumpkin: 2 cups; diced in cubes
- Baby spinach: 1 bunch; around 100gms
- Walnut: ½ cup; chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Organic sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Lime juice: 1 tablespoon (reserve more for dressing)
- Olive oil: 1 tablespoon (reserve more for dressing)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C)
- Marinate the pumpkin with salt, pepper, organic sugar, olive oil and lime juice for 15-20 minutes.
- Poke the diced pumpkin with a sharp fork to let the marinade seep inside the flesh of the pumpkin. The organic sugar will help in the caramelization process while roasting.
- Now roast the pumpkin in the pre-heated oven (or a roasting pan) until they are completely cooked. The ideal time for roasting in the oven should be 35-40 minutes.
- In between roasting, check the pumpkin with a fork. If tender, remove from the oven.
- Dry roast the walnuts on low until crunchy and fragrant, then chop into small crumbles.
- Spread the baby spinach on a plate, then add roasted pumpkin and chopped walnuts. Drizzle with reserved olive oil and lime juice. Serve immediately.
Spinach is a great source of vitamins, iron, and minerals. Pumpkin is a rich source of vitamin A and other major immunity boosters. Thus, eat this vegan salad whenever you feel the need for a boost of vitality. Do try it at home and let us know how it turned out.