Delicious Vegan French Crepes Made Easy
Love the idea of vegan French crepes? Here’s an insanely easy recipe.
Perfect as either a sweet, weekend breakfast perfect for the whole family or as a post-dinner dessert, crepes are a French essential that makes for a perfect sweet tooth fix. Crepes are surprisingly easy to veganize, without any sacrifice on taste or authenticity!
The great thing about this recipe is that you can fill them with pretty much anything that you would like! Whether your favorite filling is a veganized Nutella with strawberries or a homemade strawberry jam with fresh fruit, the possibilities are endless. Ready to make vegan French crepes? Continue below to see our recipe.
You might also like:
- HILARY DUFF SHARES EMPOWERING BREASTFEEDING PIC ON INSTAGRAM
- PETA UK GIVES AN AWESOME, WOOL-FREE GIFT TO THE NEW ROYAL BABY
- MEET VEGAN MOMS FROM STOCKHOLM: TALKING WITH SANDRA
- MEET VEGAN MOMS FROM STOCKHOLM: TALKING WITH SANNA
- VEGAN SWEET POTATO SALAD YOU’LL LOVE
- TRY THIS CREAMY ORANGE JULIUS VEGAN SMOOTHIE FOR KIDS
Vegan French Crepes
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 tbsp organic cane sugar
- 1/4 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional for filling:
- Vegan hazelnut spread
- Homemade fruit jam
- Chopped strawberries and bananas
- Fresh chopped berries
- Vegan cream cheese
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients-the flour and the organic cane sugar.
- Slowly add in the almond milk, 1/2 cup at the time. Whisk well and continue adding milk until all milk is added to the mixture.
- Add the melted butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and whisk.
- In a crepe pan over high heat (or, in a large flat pan) melt a small amount of vegan butter or coconut oil to the pan. Once the pan is hot, use a ladle to add in the batter. Use either a crepe spreader or the back of your ladle to quickly spread the crepe batter evenly over the entire surface of the pan, making sure to cover over any holes.
- As soon as the edges of the crepe get color, flip them to cook the other side. The first side cooks in about a minute and once flipped, the crepe will need to cook for only about 30 seconds.
- Once the crepe has finished, set aside and repeat steps 4-5 until the batter is finished.
- Serve with your favorite combination of sweet crepe fillings! For breakfast, I love using vegan cream cheese and fresh berries and for dessert, vegan hazelnut spread is the way to go!
Will you be trying out this recipe for vegan French crepes? What filling will you be putting into yours? Let me know in the comments below.
Tags: easy vegan desserts, quick vegan desserts