Healthy Vegan Snacks: Yummy Oven Baked Avocado Fries
Searching for healthy vegan snacks that you can prepare easily at your home? Here’s one such delicious but fairly easy to cook recipe…
As avocado has been in season since February, I’ve been eating more of it than I can justify. Avocados are a powerhouse of nutrients with their healthy fats, good fiber, and a large amount of potassium. If you plan on making vegan burgers this weekend, instead of traditional fries made with loads of oil, why not try making oven-baked fries with a twist? Avocados aren’t just showing up in ice cream and hair masks anymore, but also in the form of fries! You can easily customize the seasonings which you add to the flour as well as the dipping sauce for an addition that can go with any dish.
My absolute favorite of all healthy vegan snacks I have tried to cook at home. Here is how you can make yummy oven-baked avocado fries at home.
[Related: You Can Now Get Frozen Avocados!]
You might also like:
- SOY CUTLETS: AN EASY DELIGHTFUL VEGAN SNACK
- EASY VEGAN MEAL PREP COLD PASTA SALAD RECIPE
- VEGAN WRAP: WRAP OR ROLL (RECIPE)
- INDO-CHINESE VEGAN FRIED RICE YOU’LL LOVE
Healthy Vegan Snacks: Yummy Oven-Baked Avocado Fries
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced (about 6 slices per half)*
- ¼ cup almond milk, unsweetened and unflavored
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour (You may also use a gluten-free blend)
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp parsley
- ½ tsp salt + more for sprinkling
- ¼ tsp black pepper
*the firmer the avocado, the better! If the avocado is too soft and mushy it may not survive the breading process.
- In a small bowl, combine together all of the dry ingredients except for the bread crumbs (flour, garlic powder, parsley, salt, and black pepper) and mix well.
- Each in their own separate bowls as well set out the almond milk and bread crumbs as well.
- Now, you will coat the avocado slices in a very similar method for making vegan mozzarella sticks. One slice at a time, coat the slices in the following order: flour mixture, almond milk, bread crumbs.
- In a preheated oven set to 375 degrees, cook the coated avocado slices for 20 minutes on a baking sheet with aluminum foil and cooking spray. Flip the fries over halfway through cooking. You will know that they are ready when they have turned golden brown.
- Enjoy immediately as a side to a homemade plant-based burger or as a main dish served with sriracha and vegan mayonnaise mixture.
Do your children like avocados? Would they eat these yummy oven-baked avocado fries? What are your favorite healthy vegan snacks? Let me know in the comments below.