Mint and Chip- Inspired Summer Popsicles For Vegan Kids
Mint and chip is a classic ice cream flavor that is loved around the world. Mint and chocolate are one of my personal favorite sweet treat combinations, and it tends to be a safe bet when it comes to vegan kids as well. Although I haven’t yet seen any vegan-friendly mint and chip ice creams on the shelves (yet!), don’t you worry because you can get your mint and chip fix at home.
Mint and chip ice cream can actually be made at home fairly simple but this recipe puts a slight spin on mint and chip ice cream… we’ll be making mint and chip popsicles! Perfect for kids because they are pre-portioned, have less clean-up, and can be taken on-the-go, your family will fall in love with this mint and chip-inspired treat! What are you waiting for? Here is our recipe for mint and chip-inspired popsicles perfect for vegan kids.
You might also like:
- IN CONVERSATION WITH VEGAN AND CRUELTY-FREE MAKEUP BRAND DISGUISE COSMETICS
- VEGAN DETOX SOUP TO KICKSTART YOUR HEALTHY LIVING ROUTINE
- KNOW MORE ABOUT NATURAL VEGAN-FRIENDLY BABY CARE BRAND: ROOBA
- VEGAN RICE KRISPIES TREATS: A SWEET SURPRISE FOR KIDS
- GOLDEN S’MORES: GRAB LATEST STARBUCKS’ VEGAN COFFEE AT US GROCERY STORES
- STACEY SOLOMON SHARES BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS WITH NEWBORN SON
- NEW STUDY SHOWS LINK BETWEEN PREGNANCY AND MENTAL HEALTH
- LATEST OPENINGS: CRUELTY-FREE STORE IN NEW YORK FEATURING SHOES AND CLOTHING
- ECO-FRIENDLY FEMININE CARE BRAND SELENACUP: EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW AND REVIEW
Mint and Chip-Inspired Popsicles That Vegan Kids Would Love
- 2 1/2 cups full-fat canned coconut milk (Don’t let the rest of any coconut milk you have to go waste! My favorite way to use any leftover full-fat coconut milk is to make coconut rice)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar (or any other vegan-friendly cane sugar)
- 1 bunch of mint leaves (yields about 2/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup vegan dark chocolate chips, chopped as finely as you can get them
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- Melted vegan dark chocolate to drizzle on top of the popsicles
- In a small pot over low-medium heat, begin to steep the coconut milk with the mint leaves. Once the coconut milk is hot enough that it begins simmering, remove from heat and let sit covered with the mint leaves for 25 minutes.
- Remove the mint leaves by straining the mixture, transferring the mint-infused coconut milk into a separate mixing bowl. Be sure to squeeze any remaining “juice” out of the mint leaves into the coconut milk.
- Quickly whisk the sugar and peppermint extract into the coconut milk. Add in half of the chopped vegan dark chocolate chips and mix. Transfer the bowl to the fridge and let cool completely.
- Once cooled, stir in the remaining half of the vegan dark chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds (if you don’t have any, you can carefully stick in some popsicle sticks) and let freeze overnight.
- Before serving, you can optionally add a drizzle of melted vegan dark chocolate for a decadent treat.
Will you be making these mint and chip-inspired popsicles this Summer? Are there any other popsicle recipes that your vegan kids love? Let me know in the comments below.