Breakfast: Coconut and Caramelized Banana Vegan Pancakes with White Sauce
Are you tired of eating the same old regular pancakes with maple syrup and fruits? Well, just so you know, vegan pancakes can be a lot more interesting if we know some new recipes. How about a coconut-based pancake? It is absolutely yum. Read on to know the recipe.
You might also like:
- IN CONVERSATION WITH VEGAN AND CRUELTY-FREE MAKEUP BRAND DISGUISE COSMETICS
- VEGAN DETOX SOUP TO KICKSTART YOUR HEALTHY LIVING ROUTINE
- KNOW MORE ABOUT NATURAL VEGAN-FRIENDLY BABY CARE BRAND: ROOBA
- VEGAN RICE KRISPIES TREATS: A SWEET SURPRISE FOR KIDS
- GOLDEN S’MORES: GRAB LATEST STARBUCKS’ VEGAN COFFEE AT US GROCERY STORES
- STACEY SOLOMON SHARES BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS WITH NEWBORN SON
- NEW STUDY SHOWS LINK BETWEEN PREGNANCY AND MENTAL HEALTH
- LATEST OPENINGS: CRUELTY-FREE STORE IN NEW YORK FEATURING SHOES AND CLOTHING
- ECO-FRIENDLY FEMININE CARE BRAND SELENACUP: EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW AND REVIEW
Coconut and Caramelized Banana Vegan Pancakes with White Sauce
This recipe tastes best if you can get your hands on some fresh tender coconut flesh. I have made some changes to the original recipe and it turned out great.
For the pancakes:
- All-purpose flour: 2 cups
- Baking soda: 1 teaspoon
- Coconut milk: 1 cup
- Almond milk: 1 cup
- Chopped cashew: 2 tablespoon
- Bananas: chopped in small pieces; 1 whole
- Tender coconut flesh: ½ cup
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Organic sugar: 2 tablespoons; ground to a fine powder
- Granulated white sugar- One bowl for caramelization
- Vegan Choco mini chips– a handful for sprinkling
For the sauce:
- Coconut milk: ½ cup
- Almond milk: ½ cup
- Vanilla essence: a few drops
- Vanilla dairy-free custard powder: 1 teaspoon
- Castor sugar– 1 tablespoon
For vegan pancakes:
- In a large bowl, sift the flour and baking powder. Add the ground sugar and salt and mix with a fork such that the dry ingredients combine well.
- Now pour the coconut milk and almond milk in a container. Slowly add this milk blend into the dry mix. You must use a hand blender at this stage to whisk the batter and make it lump-free. Add more milk if required. You must have a semi-thick batter.
- Now heat a thick fry pan. Add some oil to grease the pan.
- Finally, add the chopped cashews into the batter and give it a quick whisk. Add the chopped banana and the tender coconut flesh.
- Now add the batter one or two ladles full at a time, to the pan. Do not spread the batter thin. You want thick fluffy pancakes.
- Cook the batter from one side for around 3-4 minutes. Cover the pan and cook in slow to medium flame.
- Flip very carefully once one side is done. Flip it over very slowly.
- Now cook the other side for another 4-5 minutes. Once done remove from flame and repeat for the rest of the batter.
For the sauce:
Heat and boil the coconut and almond milk. Add a few drops of vanilla essence. Add a teaspoon of vanilla custard powder (with low flames) and let the milk thicken slightly. Add some castor sugar as per taste and turn down the flame.
Caramelizing the Bananas
It is easy- coat the coin-sized banana slices with the granulated sugar and put them gently over oil-sprayed non-stick frying-pan. Let it sizzle (for 1 min) and flip the other side. Follow the same with all. Done.
What is holding you back? Assemble the way you like. Serve the vegan pancakes with this white sauce and top it with the golden bananas and drizzle the choco mini-chips. Enjoy. Let me know in the comments, how you liked this recipe.