Too Hot Out To Cook? Try Raw Vegan Zoodles with Avocado Lime Dressing!
As temperatures rise, your will to cook a family dinner over the hot stove is sure to diminish. Counteract this by cooking a raw vegan meal for your family this Summer! Having raw vegetables and fruits are a great way to get in your nutrients, and it’s a great thing to do a few times a week for lunch or dinner.
As zucchini is in season during Summer starting in June, one must get creative! One of my favorite Summer go-to’s is raw zoodles with any type of sauce. The recipe I’ll be sharing today is featuring a gorgeous green sauce complete with avocado, lime, and cilantro as the main components. Next time the Summer heat hits, we’ve got your back on a delicious, stove-free recipe! Here is how you can make raw vegan zoodles with avocado lime sauce.
You might also like:
- BAKE LEMON CHIFFON BUNDT VEGAN CAKE AND COOKIES WITH CHEF DIANE FORLEY
- GET AFFORDABLE VEGAN SKIN CARE THROUGH VERSED; NOW AT TARGET
- BREAKFAST: COCONUT AND CARAMELIZED BANANA VEGAN PANCAKES WITH WHITE SAUCE
- AFFORDABLE VEGAN YOGURT: LIDL LAUNCHES FOUR DELICIOUS FLAVOURS
- THINKING THE UNTHINKABLE? KFC (US) THINKING ABOUT VEGAN FRIED CHICKEN
- VEGAN STAR ALICIA SILVERSTONE URGED SHOEMAKER K-SWISS TO DITCH LEATHER
Vegan Zoodles with Avocado Lime Dressing
- 3 medium-sized zucchinis
- 2 avocados, pitted and removed from the peel
- 3 tbsp vegan mayonnaise of your choice
- Juice from a 1/2 lime
- 1/4 bunch of packed cilantro (1 bunch of packed cilantro is typically 3/4 cup)
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and quartered
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp red chili flakes (You can add more to top everything off if your kids like spicy food)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped cherry tomatoes
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Chopped walnuts
- Chopped cucumber
- Baby spinach
- Using a vegetable spiralizer, create your zoodles. Once spiralized, rinse the zucchini and set aside.
- Using a food processor, add in the avocado, vegan mayonnaise, lime juice, cilantro, and garlic. Process until you have a creamy sauce then, add in the nutritional yeast, red chili flakes, salt and pepper and mix with a spoon. Add more seasoning to adjust to your liking if needed.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the zoodles with your homemade avocado-lime sauce, giving the zoodles a good stir so that they are evenly coated in the mixture.
- Serve raw topped with your favorite toppings! I top my zoodles with sun-dried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and walnuts as well as with even more nutritional yeast, red chili flakes, and an extra squeeze of lime.
Will you be making this raw vegan zoodles recipe for Summer? What other toppings will you add in? Let me know in the comments below.
You might also like:
- IN CONVERSATION WITH CRUELTY-FREE MAKEUP BRAND DISGUISE COSMETICS
- CATCH-UP HERE! THIS WEEK’S NEWS ROUNDUP
- SAINSBURY’S TO OPEN UK’S FIRST VEGAN BUTCHER POPUP SHOP IN LONDON
- SURGERY GONE WRONG CAUSED 27-YEAR-OLD MOM TO BECOME INFERTILE
- PRETERM AND LOW-WEIGHT BABIES HAVE HIGH RISK OF LUNG DISEASE, STUDY SAYS
- THIS PHILIPPINES BILL REQUIRES A STUDENT TO PLANT 10 TREES TO GRADUATE