Grilled Tofu Vegan Shawarma- A filling Delight
Shawarmas are a filling delight. If you want to try out some fun-cooking at the weekend, this recipe is a good option. These are a fun thing for me. I love all kinds of wraps. They’re often wholesome, full of texture, filling and can be made rather healthy. Get making this delightful vegan shawarma and enjoy.
You might also like:
- IN CONVERSATION WITH VEGAN AND CRUELTY-FREE MAKEUP BRAND DISGUISE COSMETICS
- VEGAN DETOX SOUP TO KICKSTART YOUR HEALTHY LIVING ROUTINE
- KNOW MORE ABOUT NATURAL VEGAN-FRIENDLY BABY CARE BRAND: ROOBA
- VEGAN RICE KRISPIES TREATS: A SWEET SURPRISE FOR KIDS
- GOLDEN S’MORES: GRAB LATEST STARBUCKS’ VEGAN COFFEE AT US GROCERY STORES
- STACEY SOLOMON SHARES BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS WITH NEWBORN SON
- NEW STUDY SHOWS LINK BETWEEN PREGNANCY AND MENTAL HEALTH
- LATEST OPENINGS: CRUELTY-FREE STORE IN NEW YORK FEATURING SHOES AND CLOTHING
- ECO-FRIENDLY FEMININE CARE BRAND SELENACUP: EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW AND REVIEW
Before You Get Making Vegan Shawarma
This particular recipe is a healthy delicious choice of snacks or even brunch. Shawarmas are of Middle-Eastern origin and are largely meat-based. But this recipe has been adopted for the vegans and trust me you are going to love it. This particular recipe will have barbeque sauce for extended flavors.
P.S- Although its ‘grilled tofu,’ feel free to make it ‘grilled tofu and veggie’ vegan shawarma. In that case, while grilling the tofu, lightly oil the veggies (tomato, cucumber) and grill them whole along with the tofu and chop into stripes later. Make sure not to charr too much. You want to preserve the natural crunch of veggies. Since some people don’t like the crunch of raw veggies, there is the grilled version for them.
- Tofu– 250gms; cut in long thick cubes
- Barbecue sauce– 2 tablespoon
- Kosher salt to taste
- Red chili paste– 1 teaspoon
- Cucumber– 1 whole; thinly sliced into strips
- Bell Pepper– 1-whole cut into thin strips
- Cherry tomatoes– 4; sliced in halves
- Hummus– for spreading in the bread
- Lettuce– 3-4
- Extra Virgin olive oil– for dressing
- Any flatbread- pita bread or taco
Instructions to make vegan shawarma:
- Press the tofu using a heavy bowl. Wrap it in a muslin cloth and leave it to drain its excess water for 1 hour. After it is well drained, cut the tofu into large cubes.
- Marinate the tofu (pierced with forks) with barbecue sauce and red chili paste. Leave it on for half an hour (the more the merrier).
- Now heat a charcoal grill or any other grilling appliance you have. Brush some oil and drizzle some salt and put in the tofu pieces.
- Grill the tofu pieces by flipping in between, evenly cooking each side for three minutes.
- Once the tofu is grilled (has grill marks prominent), keep aside.
- In the same way, lightly grill the veggies (if you’re grilling).
- Warm the flatbread that you have chosen.
- Now add a layer of hummus and then place a lettuce leaf on one side. Then place some grilled stripped cucumber, bell pepper, and some cherry tomatoes.
- Place the grilled tofu on top and finally before wrapping, drizzle some extra virgin olive oil over it.
- Enjoy with a cup of coffee or your favorite bowl of salad.
Vegan shawarma is a great diet option when you want to cut out on carbs. You can easily reduce the oil as much as possible and the fresh veggies give it a fresh crunch. Try it out and share your thoughts. Also, look for our delicious Tofu and Cashew Lettuce Cups, that make a brilliant snack.